Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice this month I've had firm agreements from the seller's for parts that I wanted to buy only to hear from them days later that "it's already been sold""
In my silly little world, a persons word is everything.......... I suspect that they may have decided that their asking price was too low and responded to a higher offer and if that's the case then put it up for "auction" not "for sale"
My suggestion is to man up when you've made a deal and follow through.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Selling 101

I agree! I've been parting out an '87 quad and have made about a dozen transactions so far. Most of the time my price is an estimate and is not very scientific. After selling something I may realize that I could have sold it for more, but what the heck, a deal is a deal.
Ray Kiszely

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
Failure to perform

You absolutely should point the dude out to the group. That will get his attention.. Might find others in same boat, and prevent the same problem for others.

·
Richard Jemison
7,183 Posts
Caution be aware!

:mad:I have had a disapointing experience with Charles AKA [email protected]
He was paid July 15th, the last communication from him was Sept. 19 when he said he was shipping that weekend!.......
Be warned.....
He has not responded to several emails since.:confused:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree! I've been parting out an '87 quad and have made about a dozen transactions so far. Most of the time my price is an estimate and is not very scientific. After selling something I may realize that I could have sold it for more, but what the heck, a deal is a deal.
Ray Kiszely
Hey just to confirm about Ray, I bought some parts from him and all are/were as advertised.
Transactions were done via email and paypal. All items were delivered as promised. Items were packaged to prevent any kind of breakage. Would do business with him again. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts