Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Arkitekto, Ken and I don't always agree on what is considered the best style of the wheel for 105/115 chassis but he does have a valid point - wider wheels will always sell better because they offer an option of having a wider contact patch leading to better grip, etc. Wheel market for AR 105/115 chassis today is bit finicky The rise in values for older alfas draws in more "purists" who choose to go stock. A/m alloys are quite common on the track. So the market has cooled off. i have a set of perfectly restored Melber Majors sitting on the garage shelf. Bought them a while bak in anticipation of closing a deal on a Spider. Deal went south and i tried selling the wheels; still got them. They are the narrow ones and i can't even get a reasonable offer on them. 5 years ago i would have gotten close to asking and so would you. I'm hanging on to them hoping one of 2 things would happen - either i find my next alfa to put the wheels on or the market wakes up to period correct alloys. GLWS

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Assuming the bidding stops at $400? Is that fair? For that price, I'd rather keep them. Yes, I'm keeping the other set as well for the meantime.
You can always put a high reserve, but eBay, is nowadays one of the few gauges
for their worth. Fair? I don't know. Is life fair? Not always.

Evidently, on the BB, you struck out. If they had been of the wider persuasion,
it might have been a different story, but as they are not, possibly that is the issue.

Rare? To me not in the most desirable way. Different? Definitely, and 1/4" will not matter that much,
if only it weren't displayed quite so clearly.

Well, all things considered, I made you quite an offer that you declined.

Of course, they are your wheels, and obviously you have the final say,
either you wish to sell them at the fair market price, or you do not...GLWS.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Could someone please assist me in deleting this post? I have decided to ship the wheels to Oz where these wheels are in great demand. A lot of the old school Alfa nuts here don't even have internet! Cheers everyone for all the contributions.
I think you should leave your thread because it brought to light these 5.75 x 14 inch Millia Miglias and you have posted lots of useful pictures.

You can go to your very first post on page 1 and edit to say NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN THE VERY FIRST LINE or the like and that should alert future searchers not to bother you.

FWIW

Ken

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I agree and thank you for all your comments and assumptions Alberto; the only thing that is untrue is that I did agree to your offer but I never heard back from you. I still have the all the messages.
Beg to differ, as I have all the messages also.

You just do not like to hear what you do not like.

I think it is selfish on your part not to want to share the photos as reference, as many
fellow, BBers might appreciate them, even though they do not have internet...

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Okay Alberto, I won't bother with a response. I have better things to do. All the best. Perhaps you can repost the photos as you seem to have a lot of time on your hands and constantly trolling the site. Thanks again to all the people that posted the kind, constructive feedback! I hope you understand my personal decision to remove the photos. Please feel free to message me and I'll send the photos to you personally should you need them. Cheers!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts