1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD & SOLD '77 Alfetta GTV and '83 Fiat 131

SOLD!

12 months NSW rego

Rust free Canberra car from new, came to Sydney in 2007.

50k on motor and gearbox rebuild, all receipts

new door and hatch rubbers

new windscreen

new carpet

Fresh high quality paint, clear over basecoat, very straight body, originally red from factory

Tan interior, front seats need recovering (these are available in the UK pre-made) the back seats are good, could use some stitching in a couple areas

Dash has been 'redone' and looks good

All the electrics work perfectly, even with high beams, wipers and fan all running at once! :eek:

Front tyres are good, rear tyres should be replaced in about 10k

The gearbox is sweet, quick syncros, almost impossible to grind this box

Koni red shocks, gtv6 torsion bars and rear springs - handles great

Strong motor on dell'orto carbs, 10548 cams and ANSA extractors, blows no smoke, fuel efficient, 9L/100kms easy.

Very original unmolested 2 owner car with sensible upgrades and piles of receipts going back to the 80's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And now for the 131

SOLD !

Rare series 4 Fiat 131 late '83-84 model, last year for the 131 in Aus.

Lancia twincam 2.0L, runs well but could use a full service, points/leads/plugs, doesn't appear to blow any smoke.

Has extractors and sports exhaust, it is best described as LOUD :rolleyes:

I have only driven the car a couple of times, first observations were that it could use a wheel alignment and it sounds like a rear wheel bearing is overdue for replacement.

The headlining is sagging and it has cracks in the dash.

It has koni shocks and proper lowering springs, they have not been cut, and it comes with the 17in wheels pictured, they have not been re-drilled.

Also two relatively new Monza race seats come with the car, drivers seat fitted the other one comes with the car.

Central locking is working and power windows, but the drivers came off the regulator ill try and fix that. The windscreen has a crack in the corner.

It needs work but i think it has potential, not much rust but it has some at the petrol filler cap and the inner guards at the top where they bolt on, no holes though.

It has potential, for someone willing to put the time and some money into it, it looks great but the previous owner clearly neglected it.

It was to be a future project car but now i need the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
i used to have a white 82 131 as my first car - lots of fun!...why was the engine swapped? is there any benefit to the 2l lancia? i always found the 2l was great on torque but didnt like to rev much... good luck with the sales

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure... funny thing is the 131 i used to own had the Lancia in it as well... with low comp lancia pistons for the turbo.

There is hardly any difference, maybe different cams and a few more hp depending on what model it came from.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey GCL

Your Alfetta looks great.
Amazing straight body and paintwork.
You pay near doubble your asking price for a decent paintjob.
Looks like someone will get a bargain.

Robert

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey GCL

Your Alfetta looks great.
Amazing straight body and paintwork.
You pay near doubble your asking price for a decent paintjob.
Looks like someone will get a bargain.

Robert
Thanks Robert, it turned out a treat didn't it :D

A bargain yes... its too bad these cars are so underated (as with most Alfas)

I think its great value, there are two on carsales right now, one for $7,900 and the other for $9,100 so i think im asking a fair price... thanks for the nice comments. I just want it to go to an enthusiast that will appreciate it.

The Alfetta GTV looks in very good condition...
out of interest do you know what the original paint code is for the car?
thanks
Thanks, the paint code is AR501

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also keep in mind there are about 10 different shades of AR501... i have no idea why, but if you look it up in the PPG database it will come up with several different formulas. Perhaps Alfa changed suppliers over the years?

I think the AR501 paint code was used from the mid 60’s right up to the mid 80’s so its no surprise, I just chose the cleanest shade and went with that :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
do you have pics of the alfetta during repainting?
have any of the body panels been rust repaired........ie new patch panels welded in?
oh by the way i am interested in the car so any info on the history of body work would be appreciated

rhgds
greg

·
Registered
513 Posts
do you have pics of the alfetta during repainting?
See this thread

I saw the car before it was sold to GCL and repainted - it was in vgc then aside from the paint itself being sad and the upholstery issues GCL has mentioned. Now I would really like to buy it (aside from the fact the wife would kill me, and I don't have the space).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yes i should mention interstate buyers knock $1000 off the asking price because i just put 12 months NSW rego on it.

alfahaka if you are interested i might drive it back up for return airfare.

I may personally deliver the car interstate to others for return airfare excluding WA and NT :eek:

I hate to see this go but had a career change - company car and need the $$$$

Also for sale in the near future 1994 Range Rover 3.9

All cars must go!! :D

Except for the 105 project :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Oh yes i should mention interstate buyers knock $1000 off the asking price because i just put 12 months NSW rego on it.

alfahaka if you are interested i might drive it back up for return airfare.
Aargh! Very tempting. Maybe if I sold the 75 and bought the wife something expensive for her birthday I could get away with it. But regardless, why would I pay your airfare and let you drive it up when I could enjoy the drive instead (and probably wrangle a work trip to pick it up) ;)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Stop in at my place for a coffee break on your way up eh? I want a look before it gets too far away :D Oh, the fond memories of my old '80 steel-bumper GTV2000...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Well done GCL.

Looks like someone got a bargain.
Well,it looked great in the pics.
Hopefully now,you can finish off your 105-2L,and paint it like you painted your Alfetta.

Robert

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes i let it go for a good price, im sure i could have gotten more for both of the cars but i prefer a hassle free sale and im confident both cars are going to good people and will be looked after so it’s a win-win in my books :D

Yes its time to start on the 105 again, its so much easier to stay motivated when its warm outside!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts