Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,099 Posts
I bought my 71 here on the BB years ago before BaT sold anything. I always thought I'd offer it here first if I decided to sell it. Not so sure that's a good idea....
....because BaT contributors are so much more civil and never offer their opinions?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I feel for the seller. I have found that this is not the place to post a car for sale, too many internet experts that have a hard time with reading comprehension.
The seller probably wants to talk to a potential buyer about price instead of the price being debated on this forum. This also weeds out people that have nothing better to do than waste someone's car that he's only selling to address medical bills.

·
Super Moderator
10,099 Posts
Jay - I was being more than a bit facetious. I'm not sure I have the patience for BaT,
OK, now I'm with you. Yea, the BaT crowd can get a little weird. I love the ones who write a novel about the car they owned 50 years ago. As if anyone interested in the car for sale today really cares.

On the other hand, a lot of people follow BaT and their listings often bring top prices. But sure, the seller needs to do some work and bear some pain to realize those prices.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This car remains available, my asking price is just under $30K It runs and drives great and everything, lights instruments etc. work. I’ve put a lot of time effort and parts to get to this stage including pulling the doors and having the hinges rebushed (by Dan Marvin) New springs and pans including setting the ride heights (we do a lot of race car work) I’ve found the original grill bars, lightweight and comfortable Cobra seats on the original sliders (original seats come with) GTA style Facet fuel pump, fresh radiator, 3 point inertia reel belts etc. etc. Could stand some paint touch ups but as I pointed out there’s plenty of upside while you drive and enjoy the car. My email contact is in the first post, thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
OK, this is a great car and I wish I was in the market for it, in which case I would have PM'd the seller to see if his ask as in range. Not seeing the price in the ad up front is more of an annoyance to those of us who are lurking and just curious than to any serious buyer. I personally prefer to post my price up front so I only have to respond to people who know the ask and are serious rather than a whole bunch of tire kickers, but to each their own. That said, those who like to ridicule a seller for what they consider to be a really high are a bit out of line, but the "discussions" can be entertaining. I find it ironic that by stating his wish to avoid the catfight by not posting a price Fred got one anyway. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts