Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may know this car as Andrew Watry's old Beige Berlina that he resurrected.
I didn't think I would sell this car but a new house forces sale.

This car is in very good condition overall. Drives great, sounds like an Alfa should.
The engine is sweet, no smoke, great compression w/ euro cams. Spica works as it should, well tuned and without issues. The transmission was rebuilt around 2005 and has less than 3000 miles on it. The rear diff has a slow oil leak but functions as it should. The rear suspension has all new bushings, the front end is good but could use a few new bushings to be perfect. Koni red shocks all around. Brand new Sumitomo tires.
The body is very good but not perfect. Painted and de-rusted approx 6 years ago.
Small bubbles have reappeared (around rear wheel well, left rear taillight, trunk lid), they have been sanded down and primerd in beige paint.
Front glass has a 10' crack (hard to see). Chrome is all good.
Interior is good and presentable but carpet is worn. The dash has some typical cracks and upholstery has 3-4 areas that need to be restitched.

All in all a great Berlina that needs very little.

Price is $5500.

Matteas Olausson
Port Washington, NY

Please see pictures
Flickr: Photos from matteas

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Looking forward to the pictures. If it's any help, I have an NOS tinted glue-in windshield for this car that the new owner might be interested in if they want to eliminate that crack. I'd like to get $250 for it but I'd like even more to get it out of the way. Pick it up in MD as you're driving back from NY. Sure you can't keep it, Matteas?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:(If I had the room I'd really like to have a look-see but with 7 cars and 2 motorcycles, I'm already on the verge of a divorce and an eviction from the neighborhood. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to keep this car but... I'll be moving to a place with no garage and its up a 10mi gravel rd. I think I'll be buying a tractor instead.:(

·
Premium Member
21,353 Posts
Nice to see the car again. That's a bummer about the re-occuring rust there. It was all taken out at the time of paint and replaced with metal while I had it, but apparently not as well as I'd have liked, or was led to believe by the body shop. Still, it was a great car that I used daily for several years, had on the track four/five times, and it never once let me down.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,353 Posts
Pardon my comment above. I was sent pictures of two Berlinas, which got confused by the sender, and some rust pics got attributed to this (my old car) car that were in fact a completely different car. So I apologize for this error on both our parts.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts