Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time, I'm selling my Super. I picked this Super up October of 2015. She's a clean rust free car. I restored her from nose to tail, I took her completely apart, windows out, bare metal respray, new interior, carpet, seats, dash, gauges, everything, new suspension, replaced springs, koni shocks, all new suspension bushings, tie rods, control arms, a arm bushings, rebuilt the steering burman box, new 2 liter motor, new webers, 40 dcoe's, marelli plex, upgraded with limited slip rear end, and bigger brakes from 89 Spider. I did everything. I can show you thousands of pictures of the restoration, And proceeded to drive the car everyday. Really, she was my daily driver, I live in Los Angeles, I'm a photographer, you may of seen this car in Octane magazine , I'm a contributor. She was also on the Cover of Automobile magazine. I used this car for everything. I drove her everywhere. From Monterey Pebble week to the desert, She's quick, she's nimble, just drive her. Now, I know you're looking at the pictures, what about the original air filter? yes I have it and its perfect, what about the brake booster? I have it... I've gone through 3 boosters... they don't last, so I got rid of it and never looked back. I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but she's a great little car, but I can't keep driving her everyday, Los Angeles traffic is brutal, she needs to go to a good home. I've posted more pictures on my website too: PICTURES LINK Send me an email if you're interested : [email protected] Price: $28,500.00

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
That’s a very fair price Evan someone will be fortunate to be the new owner. As an Octane reader I know how you’ve enjoyed it. Perhaps some day there might be another Alfa on the horizon for you? Best of luck with the sale, Fred/Autostrada

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fred, She's a great little car, and I've spent way more on her than the asking price... but isn't that always the case??, I've got a couple ideas for another Alfa project.... but if anyone wants a test drive, let me know.

That’s a very fair price Evan someone will be fortunate to be the new owner. As an Octane reader I know how you’ve enjoyed it. Perhaps some day there might be another Alfa on the horizon for you? Best of luck with the sale, Fred/Autostrada

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hi Evan,

Fantastic looking Super! If I hadn't acquired a '71 Giulia 1300 Super earlier this year I'd be seriously interested. Definitely having a bit of buyer's remorse after seeing yours, but it is what it is. The upside is that I've had the last six months to drive and fiddle with a Giulia, even though it will take a lot more than the purchase price differential to get my car to where yours is today.

That said, I wonder if you'd mind answering a couple of questions about the restoration for my benefit (and it's fine if you don't want to respond). First, who did the paint (if not you) and would you recommend them? And second, did you replace the weatherstripping around the doors, and if so, where did you source it and how is the fit?

Thanks much,

Logan

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Evan,

Fantastic looking Super! If I hadn't acquired a '71 Giulia 1300 Super earlier this year I'd be seriously interested. Definitely having a bit of buyer's remorse after seeing yours, but it is what it is. The upside is that I've had the last six months to drive and fiddle with a Giulia, even though it will take a lot more than the purchase price differential to get my car to where yours is today.

That said, I wonder if you'd mind answering a couple of questions about the restoration for my benefit (and it's fine if you don't want to respond). First, who did the paint (if not you) and would you recommend them? And second, did you replace the weatherstripping around the doors, and if so, where did you source it and how is the fit?

Thanks much,

Logan

Hi Logan, thanks for the note, are you in Los Angeles? send me an email and we can exchange numbers and talk on the phone. [email protected]

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Want to thank everyone for your support, the Giulia is sold and is now at its new owner. She went up north looking spectacular. A very happy little car. Next project? not sure yet, but will keep you posted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts