Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the guy who started the infamous "most annoying website" thread.

And well...

for me...

The new site is MUCH better!
I figured in the interest of fairness, I like to say when I like something as often as when I complain. ;-)

Currently, the new AlfaBB works much better with both my computer's and my and cell phone's browsers.
And it is far more compatible with my ad and tracking blockers, including my pi-hole on my network, uBlock origin, third party cookie blocking, and my phone's kiwi browser.
I'm liking it!

Now, that said... Verticalscope could add tracking features that break everything again. Lets hope they don't...

C

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
I'm the guy who started the infamous "most annoying website" thread.

And well...

for me...

The new site is MUCH better!
I figured in the interest of fairness, I like to say when I like something as often as when I complain. ;-)

Currently, the new AlfaBB works much better with both my computer's and my and cell phone's browsers.
And it is far more compatible with my ad and tracking blockers, including my pi-hole on my network, uBlock origin, third party cookie blocking, and my phone's kiwi browser.
I'm liking it!

Now, that said... Verticalscope could add tracking features that break everything again. Lets hope they don't...

C
Good man !!

Yes the new XenForo platform is far superior in behind-the-scenes-internet-support-and-operational-capability than the old vBulletin based BB was - vBulletin was surviving on an increasing number of patches. The internet has moved so far forward compared to when vBulletin was created.

I do rather wish VerticalScope had explained their reasons for the necessary migration before it all happened, but the Mods like the members are also getting used to the new format.

Glad to have you aboard

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would have to agree with the opening comments. However, I wish there was a way to navigate directly to unread new posts in a thread as there is on other boards I frequent.

·
Out of the office!
11,253 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
How do you edit a post you made?

I cant figure it out.

Vin

·
Administrator
16,453 Posts
How do you edit a post you made?
Look above your post for the word 'edit'. If it is not there it is probably because it was posted over 24 hours ago. The new software allows you to edit for approx 24 hours after posting. After that you cannot edit it. A moderator can edit it for you (assuming a valid reason). We have asked the BB owners to change this to allow editing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with the original poster of this thread, I have access to features I did not have in the prior version, like posting my location... it's functionality is better and the 'like' feature is now accessible to me... If someone liked one of my posts prior to the upgrade then I could not see it... and I didn't have the ability to like a post before...

Samsung Note 8

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Look above your post for the word 'edit'. If it is not there it is probably because it was posted over 24 hours ago. The new software allows you to edit for approx 24 hours after posting. After that you cannot edit it. A moderator can edit it for you (assuming a valid reason). We have asked the BB owners to change this to allow editing.
Got it, thanks!

Vin

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Here is what I think I have noticed. If a thread was migrated (from the "old" AlfaBB) and there is a post (on the "new" AlfaBB), you will land on the very first post. After that, you should get sent to the new post.

o_OI hope I've explained that so that it's understandable. And, I hope that is what I have noticed.
That's what I've noticed too and it's great. No need now to click on that 'take me to the latest post' or whatever it's called, it just remembers and goes straight there. And that happens regardless of the device (as in I am on my laptop now and if I open this thread in my iPad it'll remember there too).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts