Alfa Romeo Forums banner

for Ken - 752529

5K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  kengta 
#1 ·
ken here you go

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thanks Kris. Does any one remember or have further info about this RHD GTA described in the article as once being at the Epifani shop in the San Francisco Bay area??

Ciao

Ken

#4 ·
Hi Kris I sent you an email.

I would like to see the rest of the article to determine the author and a scan or picture of the magazine cover so as to determine the publication date. Maybe the author still has more pictures.

Mr Epifani has been asked about the quoted serial number but did not recall it, so maybe this article will jog some memories.

ciao

Ken

#6 ·
Thanks Much Kris. And/or email to me.

Ciao

ken

#7 · (Edited)
The SCI article about Epifani is in the April 1989 Issue. So 752529 was there in Berkley, California at that time.

Andrew has found a 2001 UK advert for 752529, indicating a USA restoration and claims shipment to Newark, NJ (AR INC.) and Auto Delta Prep. Includes a picture. Andrew will you post or shall I.

If the Newark info is correct then this is likely an ex Trans Am Racer from 1966/67.

Where is it now???

Ken

Attachments

Reactions: Zagato_Olaf
#9 ·
Heres a crop of just the 752529 advert.

I have sent a note to Fiskin's but no reply yet.

Ken

Attachments

#11 ·
Here is the SCI April 1989 Article about Epifani and GTA 752529 from GTAj. Any one see a GTA in the shop picture.

I have made contact with Dave Gooley, the article photographer and he did not recall much but said he would have to check his files to see if he still had any pictures.

regards

Ken

Attachments

#12 ·
I have sent an email to Gregor Fiskin, but as yet no responce. Does anyone have a contact there.

The Doc Centre has also confirmed, as said in the Fiskin Advert, that 752529 was sold to Newark in 1966 and was red with black interior. Not sure why Fiskin says and Epfani implies that it was an Auto Delta prepared RHD.

It is my opinion that this is one of the 1966 RHD GTA that raced in the Trans Am Series.

Regards

Ken

#13 · (Edited)
I have kindly had a reply from an associate at Gregor Fisken. They have provided the name and address of who 762529 was sold to in Tokyo. They could not say for certain that it was sold from the UK not the USA but from the UK is what is likely. Nor could they say who the owner was at the time of sale in 2001.

Someone in Japan is following up.

Ciao

Ken

#19 ·
Thank you Takahiro for your reply to this old discussion and letting us know that 752529 is alive and well and active. I wonder if you have any historical documentation beyond what is discussed above. We can communicate privately if you wish

Regards

Ken Geiger
Toronto

#21 ·
Takahiro, I am travelling now, I will get back to you in a couple of days.

Ciao

Ken

#29 ·
Takahiro, I have sent you a PM (private message)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.