Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have always loved the Dremel, but hated dragging the cord into tight spaces, tripping over it, etc.

HUZZAH! They read my mind. The cordless "Dremel Lite" is a wonder of technology. $45 at Lowes. Comes with just a few attachments, but they're the ones you need for contact/ground cleaning. Every toolbox should have one. The RPMs this tool generates is analogous to the corded model. No battery life issues to date. Seems smaller than the corded model also.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I concur with your assessment of the Dremel, and with the nuisance of its cord.

Last fall I bought a TACKLIFE cordless rotary tool on an Amazon special: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X23WHMG/

Reviews are quite good, and it seems to be well constructed, but haven't really had the opportunity to put it to a test.

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
566 Posts
I have the corded, 6(?)-speed dremel, and the speed range wasn't flexible enough for me. I added an in-line foot switch like my mom's old sewing machine used. Perfect!

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a cordless Dremel that's about 15 years old. It's seen a lot of use and is still going strong, but the Dremel Light looks like it would fit into tight spaces where mine would fear to tread. Thanks for the tip -- I'll check it out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Been using a cordless Dremel for years...wonderful tool. I also have a second battery always on charge so when it dies, I simply swap it out and keep on working. It's been a lifesaver for many, many projects.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts