Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pump for the wiper is damages, it doesn't work mechanicaly nor electricaly.
Somebody can help me, I tried to disassembly with out success, I didn't find screw or others.

Paskuale

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Without specifying what the problem is, it is hard to offer a remedy ... but most people would say that these things are beyond repair once a major fault occurs, as the metal base is flared over the plastic pump chamber and it would not be possible to reverse this. Besides, where would you find parts to repair one of these? The potential for a leak to occur and then cause rust in the floor pan makes buying another one sound like an economical proposition. Reproductions are available, and I have one or two new old stock Inteuropa pumps (expensive), plus a few very good used Foredit and Inteuropa pumps. I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've tried repairing two of them and all I achieved was to get the park system working! - if they leak forget it - you can get to the micro switches by filing the heads of the plastic locating pins and very carefully removing the switch innards - I spent hours cleaning the contacts and carefully reassembling the switch, it worked fine on the bench but as soon as i put it in the car its stopped so I gave up. I never replaced it as the one wash/wipe system is pretty useless for all sorts of reasons. If anyone could show me how to wire up an electric wash/wipe I would be eternally grateful

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've always found them to be useful as an intermittent wiper switch. I never put washer fluid in them.

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts
I once replaced the foot switch in a GTV with a relay and an electric pump. The relay is a 4PDT and I used 3 of the poles. The first is NO and operates the pump. The second is NO and operates the wiper motor and the third is NC and it interrupts the park circuit. The relay was energized from a push button on the dash. I don't know why I kept it - the pack rat in me.

This is the relay http://www.newark.com/idec/ry4s-udc12v/power-relay-4pdt-12vdc-5a-plug/dp/74K3935?mckv=shS4KjYtV|pcrid|45135267515|plid|&CMP=KNC-G-SKU-MDC

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts