Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend in Brazil sent me the following note about an FNM 2150 offered for sale. Quite rare to the point of being essentially unknown here in the US.

Alfa sold the 102 sedan tooling to FNM in about 1961 when they shifted to 2600 production. FNM started assembling them using mostly Italian made parts. They eventually redesigned the car into this 2150, then after Alfa purchased the company, they expanded further to the 2300 which drew a lot of inspiration from the Alfetta - Alfa 6 being built at the same time.

It strikes me as a reasonable price for an interesting and unusual car. Not sure of the costs and hassles to get it here, however.

I'm preparing the pics for uploading to this thread shortly.

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures etc

Here are the pics that came with the note, as well as lists of the spare parts that will accompany the sale. Looks like a much more complete and unmolested survivor car than we're used to seeing up here.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics, etc

Last two pics plus first of the parts lists.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More parts

More parts lists

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More parts lists

More parts lists.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price

Oh...

He notes the asking price is roughly $14,000 USD at the current exchange rate. Whether this is rigidly firm or subject to the typical negotiations is unknown to me. I've inquired whether it is running or just what are the known problems, and will report that when I hear back. Not a bad price at all for a running car of this rarity, particularly with all of the spare parts.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Why not in "For sale" forum?
However, even if it's not among the prettiest Alfa ever made, it's a very interesting piece. And, moreover, a very interesting price if it's actually running.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Don, I'd take the chromed seat hinges if in good/perfect condition and available as a separate purchase. I'm sure there are other useful things but my Portuguese is non-existent. Thanks, Alex.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
That car looks great! Don you could have it sorted and ready for next years Concourso with out any trouble. Very nice color too.

Mark

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To all...

It is my general opinion that for-sale cars and parts for the low-production cars such as the 102, 106, Montreal, etc. do much better within their own car section than the general for-sale thread. That area seems perfectly suited for the mass-produced cars with wide interest. I personally rarely if ever look at the for-sale area, whereas I always look at the 1900-102-106 and Montreal areas. Plus, quite often parts for sale or wanted for our low product cars are accompanied by technical discussions about how they fit, or can they be overhauled, etc. This technical discussion is invaluable to current and future owners, and would be lost to most types of search if buried in the for-sale forum.

The car is not mine, so I can't comment at all on individual parts, their availability, price, etc. I'm just posting the listing because some guy named "George" called me about a month ago asking if I knew where he could find one of the early FNM sedans. I told him I didn't know, but would ask my friend in Brazil. Meanwhile, I've misplaced "George's" phone number, so perhaps he'll spot the above info here.

I'll admit that as I posted the listing I was fighting off an urge to send a "can we talk?" response to my friend in Brazil. It is a waaaaayyy-cool piece of Alfa history, in my opinion. I get a giggle out of Jay N. having one of each of the 2000 models (Roadster, Sprint, and Sedan), so thought it might be fun to have one that he didn't have. Hee hee. Of course, I'm not sure if Alfa had purchased FNM by the time this car was made, or just had some sort of license or part-interest deal going. The data plate says "licenca Alfa Romeo", but that could have been the case even after they took over the ownership.

I recall seeing a picture of a very pleasant looking Coupe built in Brazil on this platform. I don't think they made very many. Now that I've thought about it, I'll go try to find the picture somewhere.

Somebody buy this and get it up here before I need to start building another garage.

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those of you curious about this...

Here's a link to a BB posting of a previous Brazilian Alfa gathering. The last pair of pictures show a first generation FNM/Alfa 2000 Sedan, next to it is a 2nd generation 2150 as discussed above, and below that a 2300. One can see the progression of design ideas ending in a 50's era engine and chassis stuffed under an Alfa 6/Alfetta body.

That's not really a fair description, as the 2300 I got to ride in was very comfortable and sporty, and had quite a few improvements from our 102 origins.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-events/181880-4th-brazilian-national-alfa-meeting-encontro-alfa-romeo-2011-a.html

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FNM Alfa Furia

Another FNM product built on the 2150 chassis. This might have been the only one, however.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update...

My friends reports that car runs very well, and operates as it should in all regards. It has a huge pile of parts, many new, and the current owner is awaiting some new brake parts to do some routine maintenance. It also appears that my math was wrong, and the asking price is closer to $13k USD.

I'm still trying to talk myself out of it. Every garage is full already, and I do NOT need another Alfa.

Go buy the car, fly down, and drive it back. You could write a book with pictures and sell it for enough to pay for the trip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts