Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my crank pulley thanks to APE :)

i already got timing on pulley and crankshafts set, but im guessing that flywhell with its two sensors must be installed certain way as well, now i cant find anything about that in my manual (so it may seems that it does not matter) but i want to be sure before I put engine back with transmission and it will came up wrong....

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
The flywheel has a magnet. The two sensors then sense the magnet. Anyway, yes, the flywheel on a L-jet car must be installed correctly. In the photo below, the timing mark is near the '16' on the tape measure & the magnet is near the '10'.

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Eric,
some elbow grease revealed that mark, first i though that that magnet has to be there but your picture is most helpful.
engine is ready, now just to seal-up transmission, paint the car, and voila ;)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
""now just to seal-up transmission, paint the car, and voila ""

Nothing to it! Probably take about 5 minutes. I like your sense of enthusiasm. Pictures please, when you finish. Voila!

Best wishes, Robert
1988 Black Spider Veloce

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nothing to it! Probably take about 5 minutes. I like yor sense of enthusiasm. Pictures please, when you finish. Voila!

Best wishes, Robert
1988 Black Spider Veloce
my "enthusiasm" duration is about year so far... :) but im still there somewhere, thinkering over my lil red car ;)

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts

Nothing to it! Probably take about 5 minutes. I like your sense of enthusiasm.
Kinda like my MGA. All I need to do is repair the body, replace the chassis & rebuild the drivetrain...

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kinda like my MGA. All I need to do is repair the body, replace the chassis & rebuild the drivetrain...
LOL I would not put that better Eric :) you hit this one right in the head! (or whatever that expression goes)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clean, sealed, and only thing left with it to do is to replace rear mount, than ill have to fight with that pesky clutch slave cylinder (sic)

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw. awesome degreaser (combustible too) and as far as i known, plastic safe -> AdvancedAutoParts Electronic Cleaner. dont even have to scrub after....

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
two pics, first one: pressing transmission mount in
second: old tranny mount...

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huh.

Looks like you got all the use out of it that you were ever gonna, don't it.
yup, and i think that leaking trasmission its what really killed it, since now that bllack rubber feels and behaves like modeling clay :|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts