Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flywheel's part of the engine, Right?

Took my son's 2l flywheel to a machine shop for surfacing. I believe the engine is original to the 1974 car. Hydraulic clutch, 6-bolt attachment. What is the correct step between the two surfaces? I'm a little concerned because the machinist checked the spec in his references, and machined it to those specs, but told me they were pretty far out and he had to take one of the surfaces down more than the other (can't recall how much or which surface). Would a worn flywheel surface show a lot of wear, or is it possible he surfaced it to the wrong spec?

thanks for the help,
Stan

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I have had more then a few that seemed to only resurface the clutch part and not the step.
End result slipping clutch way early in the life of the disk.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car is my 16 yo son's resto project ('71 GTV), so maybe a slipping clutch ain't such a bad idea anyway, eh?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Jim, exactly what I need. Wish there was a tech archive on the BB for this stuff, you post didn't match my search criteria and never came up. Oddly, I usually have better luck with a google search to find info on the BB than using the BB search function.

Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts