Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ian, that's comforting to know. I will have it skimmed - good idea.

These tools usually work by pivoting on a bell-housing stud and the tooth on the tool drops into the teeth on the flywheel.

I prefer not to use wood anymore. Last time, when trying to remove the crankshaft pulley nut before I hired the electric impact wrench, the wood block split and I had to fish bits out of the crankcase.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a note to say that the flywheel locking tool sold by TotallyAlfa worked very well.

I now have them making me a replica of the special tool A.3.0118 to remove/install the gearbox mounts located in the bell-housing.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
GBox bush remover tool

Steve

Good result from TotallyAlfa he seems to be a guy committed to supporting alfa owners. He has made various tools for the toolbox in the past as well.

There is actually an original bush removal tool on ebay now ( at a price)

eBay item number:131390240791

Alfa Romeo SPECIAL TOOL for 105/116/103 SERIES C 30413, BUSH REMOVER, NEW OLD STOCK.

Not sure if this would fit the gearbox - but would probably be worth sending photos to totally alfa as a reference. Key bit is the "pot" to pull the old bush into

Ian

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link Ian and happy new year.

I sent TotallyAlfa a copy of the special tool bulletin showing A.3.0118. My word "replica" may be over stating the case a little. Gary at TotallyAlfa said he is is going to engineer something which does the job but which is not quite so complex.

The tool in the pic is listed as a diff bush puller on a parts website so it may not be good for the gearbox mounts.

As to cost, that remains to be agreed but the figure Gary gave me as a budget was reasonable. I have sent him a new mount and I have to give him some dims of the bellhousing so he can design the tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts