Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

Can anyone tell me what part I'm missing in the picture? It seems like a cover, but not sure how the car could lose it or if my mechanic forgot to put it back on...

is this part available anywhere?

thanks for your help..
 photo 20141024_170618_zps8e8767a2.jpg" media="(max-width: 640px)">  photo 20141024_170618_zps8e8767a2.jpg" media="(max-width: 960px)">  photo 20141024_170618_zps8e8767a2.jpg" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
Registered
264 Posts
suspect your mechanic forgot it. Possibly only a problem if you get crap in the ring gear preventing the starter from engaging or maybe causing it to jam etc...

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have another picture or two that shows it from another perspective by any chance? Also what Alfa is this on, that can help us zero in on the right part.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Velocedoc!

I will take more pictures this weekend, but for sure it's the bell house cover as craig sent....

it's an 83 GTV6 2.5 :tank:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Chinocapuchino, Unfortunately the part illustrated by Craig67 is for a 105 series Alfa. The Alfetta never had an inspection cover, to the best of my recollection. Are you sure that the bell housing is'nt broken at that point?

More pics would help us diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Does your mechanic still have it? (assuming he forgot to put it on) Will save you having to find & buy one...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello again,

Yes, that is the part number I'm looking for....

My mechanic retired last year and the new shop owner has no clue whatsoever of any parts left at the shop....:oops:

Does anyone know where I can get this part? :confused:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I think I should have an extra one of those. But, it's a 2 hour round trip to go after it. If you are in no major rush, I can check for you on my next raid for parts. My part would be used, of course, if that's OK. Were there any other GTV6 bits on your list?

Here's my e-mail, if you want to send me a reminder.
[email protected]

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi William,

PM sent on this part.

I did find that inspection cover a few feet away, in my garage. So, no need to wait for me to make my next raid on my remote boneyard. It's still attached to the 2.5 V6 horse-collar bell housing, so can confirm it's the correct part.

Hit me with an e-mail, and I can send pix to show. I also found a dead clock that could donate hands to correct yours.

Cheers, Peter
[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts