Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reassembling the flywheel of my '74 Spider, in the package with the bolts and the two half rings, I found this big washer...

What is the right position of the washer?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install washer first then the oil seal. Means it comes behind the oil seal ring.

Part # 105.00.01.188.00
Thank you, about the bolts fixing, I found some discordance on different shop manual:
Giulia manual, says to tight the bolts oiled;
Alfetta manual, says to apply thread lock on the dry bolts and tight...

I think would be better the Giulia one... any advice?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
First of all: Don't use the Alfetta torque figures !! Alfetta engine does not use half-moons any more.

The bolts you have are M9, torque is only 45 Nm, convert to your spec and you'll see it's lower than your Alfetta book says.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok than for the advice...
I have assembled the crankshaft bearings, but only now I understand that the half moons have to be put in place before mount the back bearing cap, do you thin will be easier to mount also the seal and the flywheel before the bearing car?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No. Remove again 5th bearing cap, insert both half-moons, refit cap, tighten/torque it and then insert washer first. Check out before if it´s plain; sometimes PO`s do remove them using tools and distort them or leave sharp edges. When put in place, rotate crank and check if no part of the rear crank flange touches the washer during full turn - otherwise you´ll have a noise not knowing where it comes from when engine will be running in the car. After having checked clearance (washer fits really tight to give a good seal effect) of the washer, install oil seal and then flywheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts