Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Problem

The elast they could do is paint the planes all AR 530 or something.... And what, no Kamm tail? Is there even a Spica under the cowl? :confused:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I'm sure that the Italian headquarters hasn't seen this, for they are (over) zealous of who uses their name and if it is for profit - they want their cut... Although I'm not sure if they would even want any association to their name that could have a liability...

Best regards,

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Costa Rica isn't high on my list of places to visit; if it were, I'd rather take my chances with an airline I recognize or a private pilot that I know and trust.

That's not to indicate that I don't recognize the name Alfa Romeo or that they were associated with making airplane engines.

I agree with Enrique, Alfa is always watching out for the misuse or unauthorized use of their emblem (badge) or name; but in this case, it could end up a bigger liability admitting that they are aware of.

I wonder if the planes are delivered with port rust? ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
After all the maintenance that I put into the Arna, I was creeped out to fly Alitalia into Rome a few years ago...just because it was Italian. I would be even more scared to fly any airline that adopts the Alfa name as its own.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Alfa airlines

They save fuel as the bodywork gets "lighter & lighter" by flying so near to salt water......:eek:

I'll bet 2nd gear crunches while shifting..........:D:D:D

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
UH OH! Someone from AR is going to be giving these guys a cease and desist order from the men in the fancy suits. If they are going to use the name, they might as well plaster the logo all over it. Put the green clover leafs on the engine cowl too! :) Pilots name is probably Tazio? Costa Rica...humidity, means the tin worm is alive and well.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Fly Alfa Airlines

After all the maintenance that I put into the Arna, I was creeped out to fly Alitalia into Rome a few years ago...just because it was Italian. I would be even more scared to fly any airline that adopts the Alfa name as its own.
I'm sure many of you have heard this joke before, but I never liked the amount of traveling Pat did, nor the fact that a lot of it was overseas, so he did it as infrequently as he could manage and he never flew Alitalia if he could avoid it. One trip, he could not, and this was the parting vision he left me with standing at the airport:

"The flight was approaching Italy and ready to begin its approach for landing, although, still out over the water, when the flight attendant made the following announcement:

'The pilot has advised us that we are experiencing aeronautical difficulties and a water landing will be necessary. In order to accomplish an orderly deplaning in the water, all passengers who can swim please move to the right of the aircraft, for those passengers remaining on the left, thank you for flying Alitalia.'"

A picture is worth a thousand words --- Pat could not swim. My response, intended with the same amount of humor, make sure that life insurance policy is paid up.

Here's the joke in it's original form; as you can see my husband took some literary license.....

"On one particular flight with Alitalia, passengers were relaxing and enjoying their meals when all of a sudden the pilot announced the following message:

"Dear passengers, we regrettably inform you that we have to make a forced landing in water...

"For the passengers on the right - please grab a flotation device underneath your seat and follow the signs to your nearest exit.

"For the passengers on the left - thank you for flying Alitalia!"

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you ever visit Costa Rica I would HIGHLY recommend avoiding the roads and using small charter aircraft to get around the country. All joking aside, these aircraft types (C206 and Piper Aztecs) are veritable station wagons, usually quite reliable and safe. While we didn't personally enocunter Alfa Airlines, the small charters were fast and efficient, landing us mere miles from destination. Beats an all-day trek over unimproved roads in abominable conditions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts