Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "sun something" that sists at the top of the wind screen keeps dropping down when I drive. The idea seems to be bulit in friction between the shield/flap and the pins its atteched to, but its flipping and flopping. There are no good adjustment possibilities either. Any ideas on quick fixes?

P.S We DO get sun in sweden so removing them is not an option :D

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
In the series 3 (and 1, and 2) Spiders, there is a metal pin that places pressure to hold the visor in place, and with time, it wears. Most people simply replace the visors, but they can be "fixed". Here is a thread where BB Member "ossodiseppia" explains how to do this, with pics: Sun visor fristrations - stay put???

Best regards,

·
Administrator
18,228 Posts
On our '84 Spider the sun shades would flop down, too. There is a metal shaft for the shade to pivot on. And a screw clamp on the shade to adjust how tightly it grips the pivot shaft. However, what happened was that the metal pivot was no longer tightly stuck to the plastic base that attaches the assembly to the windscreen frame. Thus the pivot itself was turning - causing the shade to flop down.

I tried glueing the pivot shaft back into the plastic base. That didn't hold.

Finally I drilled a small hole through the plastic base and the part of the metal pivot that is in the plastic base. Then I epoxied a small pin (piece of a small finishing nail) to hold the metal pivot in place and prevent it from being able to rotate. That has worked for a year now.

Perhaps a sketch will help:

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okeli dokeli

I think to remember that in my case the pin was spinning in the visor - not the other way around. Anyway, I´ll check this real subito!

Thanx for the advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.