Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have not been able to find any threads on this subject so I am asking if anyone has done a full pedal box rebuild? If so can you share your info or a link to the thread?

I pulled mine out on my 1970 Giulia and got the clutch pedal out but the brake is really a nightmare! I had to drill out the tapered pin, and even though it is now out, the pedal is still fused to the shaft. I'm sure enough heat and lubricant will eventually help but if anyone has a detailed thread on the subject please help out!

are the tapered pins available new? How about other parts such as shims, seals etc?

I am talking about floor mounted pedal boxes only here please!

·
Super Moderator
12,063 Posts
are the tapered pins available new? How about other parts such as shims, seals etc?
Yes, Centerline has them. See part #CP309 priced at $27.50. Use "Never Seize" when you re-assemble the box.

I don't think that any of the other wear parts for your pedal box are available - if the bronze bushings are worn, you will need to have new ones machined.

That type of pedal box - the kind that supports a hydraulic clutch - is fairly rare and desirable here in the US. People installing 2 liter engines into early 105's are always looking for them. They only appeared for one year (1969) on Alfas officially imported into the US. Don't know what continent you're on, but if you can't repair yours, you may have a hard time finding a good, used replacement.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay, I'm in California. My car is 1970 Giulia but it was imported from Italy in 1998. I will be extra careful when rebuilding the box since it is quite rare. Right now the pedal is seized to the shaft but i keep it soaked in penetrant daily hopeful it comes loose soon!

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts