Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have have removed the driver side floor out front and back, when putting the new panels back in do you have to remove the 2 chassis supports fit the floor then put the supports back?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
...Hi there,I have have removed the driver side floor out front and back, when putting the new panels back in do you have to remove the 2 chassis supports fit the floor then put the supports back?
The longitudinal rails I would not remove...but the cross members should be removed as that makes fitting and trimming the outboard upstanding flange of the new floors to the inner sill much easier to do. Before welding the floors in....I prefit the cross members in and mark out flanges.....you can see what I did in the links below...

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
.. Just passenger floor to do, this looks tricky when leaving the rear pan in?
If the cross support member is removed first, you will be able to butt join the new floor vertical flange to rear floor vertical flange at the outer sill such that it is hidden underneath the cross support. The floors can be trimmed to match much more easily and the plug weld holes can be pre-punched (or drilled) into the forward and the aft floors along the cross member flanges prior to welding everything up. Of course there are a few ways of achieving the same result....it's just a matter of preference.

IMG_0156.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts