Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some warp in the space time continuum, there have appeared a bunch of Milanos in my yard.
Ok, well, maybe not "appeared", but have 'collected', or something.
I love Milanos, have a cool beater Verde for the upcoming winter driving season.
I have 7 Milanos at the shop right now, mine and several good friends cars.
I need a couple heater blower motors if anyone has any to give to the cause. [or sell].

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,984 Posts
The collective noun for Alfa's is a PRIDE

·
Supporting Vendor
4,389 Posts
Wow Glenn,

If you hadn't told me those were your shop I would've swore they were pictures of Alfa Heaven Circa 1992!

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
What ever happened to Zat and the Heaven? ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Glennco has gone 4 Door! Next will be 164's.

Anyhoot, I'm pretty sure the blower motors are good! The ground connection for the blower motor is flakey in a Milano, so your probably seeing the 12v going to the motor, and assume it's bad. If I can remember the ground is attached to the body below the heater box. It's subject to corrosion. I've fixed this problem a few times. Check it out.

Which one is mine? May stop by next week to get the paperwork done to register the car, so you can put it through it's paces. It's a PIA to register a car in VT. Looking at Tuesday?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted 2 pics, one disappeared. this is the side of the shop, dark blue Milano is Johns !!
I used to like 164's as winter cars, but working on them is no fun, and getting increasingly harder with time. Plus Milanos are transaxle cars, so I feel at home in them !
My heater blower motor has bad "bearings" and worn commutator. It works a little but giving off the "I'm about to Fail" smell.
The Blue Meanie is going to get a bit of a break this winter. I have driven it for 7 Maine winters now for the most part and it could use a break. It is still strong and is faster than ever !! An absolute hoott to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just for the record though, I am still and always a GTV6 Freak. I have several GTV6 projects going on, including 2 nice cars that I am about to paint, when I finish my spray booth this week.
But for winter, Milanos Rule !
When wearing full winter gear, Maine style, it is Much easier getting in and out of a Milano!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
1st Save those blower motors I can fix them! Never replaced 1 yet in 30 years. I can fix them!!

2nd At least we'll have a 4 in 1 chance of getting in our car on those frozen days.

3rd The Milano has somethiing called a "Heater" in the car to keep you some what comfortable during those Long Winter MONTHZ! We're getting old and beat up!

4th Our shoulders are getting weak from driving cars for over 30 years without power steering and the Milano has it, hence the 3rd comment! Forgot about that one.

We need a "Heavy Milano Alfa" T-Shirt!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So true AlfasRule.
Your heater blower works, need one for my beater Verde.
Creature comforts are not at All what Alfas are about.
Good thing they friggin' Rule and are WAY more Exciting to drive than other Sports Car within their class.
Heat on feet would be good,, driving well with -30 degrees below zero winter boots, does not make for clean heel and toe.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alfasrule, I know you could bring the old motor back to life, I'll save it to dissect and fix.
Your rebuild of the Montreal spark box was brilliant!
I mean, hand winding a transformer, because there wasn't a good used one anywhere,,.
Art,, it's Art I tell you !!
[and it works great, having been put to the Test, HMA Style]

Coming tomorrow with plates for your Milano??
It needs a vigorous test drive.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
3rd The Milano has somethiing called a "Heater" in the car to keep you some what comfortable during those Long Winter MONTHZ! We're getting old and beat up!
Some what comfortable?
I know we don't have Maine cold but Colorado gets plenty cold. I've had my Milano in Leadville (10152') at 0f and I thought the heater was thermonuclear, in fact I always have to turn it down or mix with cold air.
I wish the AC worked as good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts