Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
came across some of the stuff on sale,, it the flex seal on my very, very clean floor of my spider, under the seats and forward of that to the fire wall. has to be better than the broken asphalt that was in the car.. i chipped that out years ago( 3 ) and painted it to keep it from rusting,,now i am thinking about using this flex seal stuff( you paint/mop ( lol ) on to the floor and let it dry. .my plan is to remove the paint.. clean it with a weak acid.. to etch it, then flex seal the floor and inside fire wall.. hoping it well make the car a bit quieter inside when the top is up.. i guess a benefit if it works,, it wont crack and let water get under it, any thoughts here? i tryed some deal and stick sound deadening to the floor, but here in sacramento , 100 + temps, just make it ooze around.. bunching up under my feet.. we had a week13 days over 100 degrees here and in that same week 5 days over 105 degree

·
Registered
74 Spider 78 Spider 84 Spider
788 Posts
Does it harden or stay kinda soft? How about painting the floor with POR-15 or a can or Rustoleum to seal it? Is all the old asphalt coating gone or are you trying to seal what ever remaining coating there is?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I considered using a Flexseal product on the roof of our RV, read the fine print. From what I can tell it's for temporary use only. I went with a Dow Corning 758 silicone.

The power of mass marketing!! Ask them, everybody needs Flexseal for something.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts