Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got none, adn I am going nuts. I have checked bulbs, and the fuse. I don't know how to check the "controler" N13? I have headlights and other lights, but no signals....any ideas would go a long way towards a blessing for what it is worth....

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have put this in electrical forum, but I am a klutz...is there a way to move it? or should I just repost...sorry all....

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, is the flasher unit available? or is this another thing, I am not going to be able to find...Hahaha, I knew this was going to be fun....

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you mean where the waires go into the fuse block?

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see a few places ground ids mentioned...is the fusebox grounded in one placed or in several places....

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You may want to check the ground of the lamps. I recently failed inspection; just about all of my rear and front lamps were inop. I ended up replacing one lamp, all the bulbs with new, and adding auxiliary grounds to all the lamps in addition to the factory supplied grounds. Now everything works as advertised. I firmly believe that the factory supplied grounds will fail on a 20 + year old car eventually.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so the ground, is in the connector, but you add a extra? or are all the lines in the connector, hot, and there should be a seperate ground? I am sorry is I sound obtuse, but I am not very familiar with auto electric....

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Bob K,
On an Alfa, the ground is in the plug which connects the lamp to the wiring harness. I just don't trust this built-in ground after 20 + years, so I supply the lamps with a supplimentary ground. I find a convenient bolt or screw (in a pinch, screws are not so reliable as a bolt). I wire this to the lamp ground wiring, creating a double ground to the lamp. Since you cannot have too much ground, this is not a problem if you don't need it, but will save the day if you do.

The cam nut should reach you by Friday or Saturday.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

·
1992 spider S4
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
great, I will have to add a ground, and see if that solves the issue, would be a easy thing to do...and thanks agan for the nut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts