Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to source carpets for my Flaminia GTL.

Again the boards help is greatly appreciated, I would like to source as close to original as possible, and I have no idea where to star, lots of suppliers for MB and Porsche, but not that many for Lancia....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This is the best in Italy, they were Pininfarina supplier since 1957 :
TRINCHERO

The Touring supplier for wood, carpets and leather don't exist anymore.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Enjoyed your paint color thread also. Look forward to seeing responses.

Good luck sourcing these. If you fo find a good Lancia upholstery / materials source, it would be great if you would share it with us. We ended up giving up and just matching color with a high-quality wool carpet for finish up our Berlina resotration. Mike Kristick got us the rubber mats to go on top of that. Did the same for our S2 Appia. Not totally correct, but I can appeciate why on a Touring FLaminia you might be more careful.

Guidissimo

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My GTL still has most of what I believe is its original carpets. Carpet was used on the tunnel, on the sides of the seats by the doors and under the back seat I believe.

I have doubt however if the GTL used rubber or carpet as floor mats. My car currently has carpet with a rubber insert for the heel on the drivers side, but I believe this is not original (same material but slightly diferent color that the tunnel). However one of the sites I was directed to above sells for the GTL, the heel rubber insert for the drivers side carpet (tapeto per moqueta or something like that in Italian), and that has me confusesas to whetjer the GTL also used rubber mats or used all carpet.

Comments anyone? Paolo?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My GTL still has most of what I believe is its original carpets. Carpet was used on the tunnel, on the sides of the seats by the doors and under the back seat I believe.

I have doubt however if the GTL used rubber or carpet as floor mats. My car currently has carpet with a rubber insert for the heel on the drivers side, but I believe this is not original (same material but slightly different color that the tunnel). However one of the sites I was directed to above sells for the GTL, the heel rubber insert for the drivers side carpet (tapeto per moqueta or something like that in Italian), and that has me confused as to whether the GTL also used rubber mats or used all carpet.

Comments anyone? Paolo?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, thank you. I totally agree that this is how the GT (and the convertible) were, but I don't know if the GTL was the same or not....

It probably was but I don't have definite proof.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have doubt however if the GTL used rubber or carpet as floor mats. My car currently has carpet with a rubber insert for the heel on the drivers side, but I believe this is not original (same material but slightly diferent color that the tunnel). However one of the sites I was directed to above sells for the GTL, the heel rubber insert for the drivers side carpet (tapeto per moqueta or something like that in Italian), and that has me confusesas to whetjer the GTL also used rubber mats or used all carpet.
The GTL was the most expensive of the 3 Tourings, it had wooden carpets (100% mohair wool) front, tunnel and rear with a border in the same color. Normally the color matches the seats: beige for the natural leather and cream leather, red for the red, grey for the black.
The only part in rubber was the insert for the heels of the driver and the rubber carpet in the trunk.
Unfortunately the Touring supplier closed the activity 20 years ago.
Try to find something similar using your old carpets as a model.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Henry,

Based on Paolo's comments, it sounds as though you have the original carpets, but that they have faded differently on the floor than the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Henry,

Based on Paolo's comments, it sounds as though you have the original carpets, but that they have faded differently on the floor than the tunnel.
Thant's what I tought also, I will inspect the closer. It might be that the floor mats were cleaned more often for example or there is some other reason why they faded differently.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I'm seeing your car now, your carpets are beige and gray, your seats have a too modern leather and a too high foam.

I see 2 possible reasons: the seats were in black and the carpets in grey, but during the years somebody remaked the seats in natural leather and replaced a broken carpet or they were really in natural leather, somebody replaced them and replaced the broken/dirty carpets with something else found in a store.

This is a your choice, now.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paolo,

The leather in my seats has been replaced, but I don't think they were black originally, the door panels are 100% original, that I am sure, and they are in natural color. My carpets I'm quite sure they are original, the carpet on the tunnel and around the seats is clearly gray, and the ones on the floors have taken on a brownish color, not beige at all.Here some pictures of the carpets for you to see and comment. One pictures shows the back of the carpet. What do you think, original or not?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's difficult to say.....i think somebody replaced many years ago the parts under the feets in the front, which seem different now, the rubber patch is uncorrect.

My advice is: take off all the carpets, i think you must to change them anyway, wash them with a dry foam and the brush, then see which color you 'll find under the part exposed to the light. Check also the carpet under the rear seat.
I think you 'll arrive to a conclusion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts