Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a led replacement or a replacement light socket for the center brake light on the trunk lid for a 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate?

The light recently stopped working, and upon inspection I found the socket had been "repaired" by the previous owner. The pin in the socket had been drilled out, and a crude replacement of a spring soldered to the light bulb had been installed. There is power coming to the socket when pressing the brake, but the light no longer works.

I have tried looking for a replacement socket, but none have been found that would fit, and the only leds I could find were white which wouldn't be right for with use in a red light.

I was trying to use this led:
Universal High Power LED Kit - COB LED 36 PCB w/ T3-1/4 Base | LED Brake Light, Turn Light and Tail Light Bulbs | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs
If anyone knows if there is a way to make this work, it would be extremely helpful

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
repair trunk brake light socket

In the thread linked below, Gary showed how he was able to repair his trunk brake light socket by using parts he got from Advance Auto:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/228441-hello-issue-third-brake-light-socket.html

I haven't tried this yet myself, but I probably will. In attempting to determine why my trunk brake light was not functioning, I discovered that the little spring (that should sit under the hot center pin in the base of the socket) was completely missing, so even if 12V was getting to the socket, the hot lead would not make good contact with the tip on the base of the bulb.

I have to believe that someone online sells identical bulb sockets. The issue will be to connect it to the existing wiring harness...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts