Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has experience in fitting rear seatbelts and an anchor point for a baby's car seat to a 1750 coupe ? Or, is there anyone in Adelaide, South Australia that can do this for me - does the work need to be certified by a relevant authority or person/s ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Acresci,

I've been trying to sort out the same issue with my 67 GTV. So far it depends if the car came with anchor points for rear shoulder belts. Appearently later cars did. It's been suggest I ask somone whos scrapping a late GTV to cut out those mounting point and have them welded onto my car in the same position.

That's fine if you are ok with welding bits into your car and if you are ok with the child seat mounted on either side of the rear seat. But I'm starting to like the idea of putting the kids seat in the center. I have no proven solution for that design but I'm speculating that I could buy some of those car seat u-shaped mounts you find built into modern cars and bolt them into the appropriate place. I think this may require modifying the rear seat upholstery.

See my thead for more info.
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=44953

R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, first post for me on Alfabb. I've been reading it for a while though but since I bought my first Alfa last week I feel I can ask questions now... and try answer some too ;-)
Anyway, I'm also looking at how to install rear seatbelts on my 74 GTV 2000. Shoulder belts would be preferable since this is to install child seats. All info will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 1971 1750 GTV. I have just had rear seat belts fitted. Being a later car, there are anchor points. The belts are inertia reel. The problem I now have is finding a child seat to fit. I took the car (and the child) to a local child seat supplier - they tried the ones that looked most likely to fit. They didn't. There were a number of problems. One was buckle crunch. That could probably be resolved by shortening the webbing. Another problem was the fact that the seats are so heavily bucketed, so do not make a very stable base. Finally, was lack of room. Even if I could have got the smallest available seat to fit, there would have been no room for my son's feet. The seats are so large - safety I guess.
I have pretty much given up. The only solution seems to be to buy a Super - or at least thats how I'm selling it to my wife.

If anyone finds a seat that does fit, please post details and photos.

My son is just 2 and weighs about 30 lb.

Ollie

·
Registered
239 Posts
if its a U.S. car it should have nuts welded to the body under the seat and on the parcel shelf. the search function of the alfabb is awesome...... u should make it your friend. :)
i did it for u .... i clicked on "search this forum" and when the box came up i searched "seat belt".
this is what i got:http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/search.php?searchid=923084

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do a search through a 911 forum. This topic has come up there a number of times and there are child seats that fit in the back of a 911. I would think that something that would fit in the back of a P-car would likely work in the back of a GTV.

1- Porsche Technical Forums - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

Regards,
Lawrence

1 - 10 of 10 Posts