Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just playing the the garage today, trying to fit a Milano A/C bracket to my GTV6 engine. I bought the bracket off Ebay, they said it was a "bolt on" upgrade. Well............does not appear to be. As the first picture shows...this hole should be for a support bolt or stud...it does not align with anything on the block. The second photo is the mounting bracket that came on the GTV6 for the York compressor, perhaps the offset is not correct? The Milano one is different?
Finally the third picture of a bracket that I have no idea what it is for? I am hopeing somebody out there has done this conversion and can help me out. Some pictures showing a working Sanden compressor would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,500 Posts
Last pix is of bracket for oil fed timing belt tensioner spring cartridge.

To install Sanden compressor bracket on your GTV6 york compressor engine you need to remove that large bolt in pix two that is going into engione front cover. Bracket in pix three for tensioner has large hole to match that bolt.

You don't need pix three bracket but may need a washer same thickness. So send it to me I need it to install an oil fed tensioner on a Milano engine I want to convert back.

What you will need it a longer large bolt/stud and a hollow spacer. That stud/spacer maybe/should be holding pulley onto bracket. If so remove bolt in engine front cover and insert stud into hole.

That hex head bolt in your pix 1/2 is item 8 in my pix and goes into that hole in bracket 3 in my pix that is bolted to your oil pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a feeling that support bracket #3 in your diagram, is a different design on the Milano. The one on my GTV6 doesn't seem to allow the hole to align with where that support stud would go.

·
Premium Member
27,500 Posts
I have a feeling that support bracket #3 in your diagram, is a different design on the Milano. The one on my GTV6 doesn't seem to allow the hole to align with where that support stud would go.
That bracket 3 is different on the 81-85 GTV6 with York boot anchor compressor but 86 GTV6 had Sanden set up same as Milano so bracket looks like one in my pix.

Maybe your seller has that other bracket 60534869, too.

That stud item 9 screws into front cover of engine and bolt 8 goes through bracket 3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Steve, I thought so. I will either find one, or make one if nessasary! Do you really want that little bracket you said you needed? I can mail it to you no problem.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yes. The #3 bracket is different on the Milano for sure. I have both loose out in the garage. I'll try to get some pics for you.

Here are the two kinds of brackets

I guess the GTV6 bracket will be the one I will need to fit the Sanden Compressor on the GTV^ in-place of the York. I think I have a line on a Milano Sanden compressor and a Milano / Sanden support.
Does the Compressor just hard bolt to the support without any rubber isolators?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts