Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I replaced the windshield on my ex 1964 Giulia. It's not so difficult. Your doing it the right way.
All the suggestions above are great. Be patient and careful.
I spent most of the few hours it took worrying :)
It looks to me that you may have a problem with the bottom rubber. First, it seems to have a much wider channel than the glass. It should fit snugly.
Second, you are trying to curl up the bottom lip, which is wrong, IMHO. The rounded bottom of the rubber sits on the sheet metal. Looks odd, as in "it won't seal", but that's the way it fits, as far as I know. You need to add sealing compound. The textbook way is to apply a bead before lowering the screen, but that's risky. I say you can add it later with a fine nozzle.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Dave,

Do you have a measurement of the thickness of an original windshield? I have an older one, but have no idea if it is an OEM item.

Thanks,

Ray
Had to find where I stashed it...7.18mm thick. I still have the original bottom rubber for it. It’s still pliable, but way more stiff (density) than the new Cigonani. If someone wants it, let me know. The side rubber seals were not usable due to the top trimming for the cap being shot.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts