Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , i have a question , i have a 2000 gtv motor wich is a 512 series and i wanted to know if i can fitt the alfa romeo 2000 75 ts head on the alfa 2000 gtv head?
i have seen it done but i would like to know if it would be as simple as just poping the head on bolting it up and changing the distribuiter to a ts one ?
Regards

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Mods needed

No plug&play possible.
You need to modify the head or to change all 10 bolts. TS bolts are 15mm longer.
Also front hole pattern is different with the 2 M8 bolts mounted from underside. Comparing head gaskets makes that visible. You need to drill a new hole into the head and cut a M8 thread.
Next modification required is to modify/change the double chain sprocket and to change the upper chain. Needs to be shorter. 00512 block has 3 oil drain holes at the rear end which have to be blocked because no longer required.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No plug&play possible.
You need to modify the head or to change all 10 bolts. TS bolts are 15mm longer.
Also front hole pattern is different with the 2 M8 bolts mounted from underside. Comparing head gaskets makes that visible. You need to drill a new hole into the head and cut a M8 thread.
Next modification required is to modify/change the double chain sprocket and to change the upper chain. Needs to be shorter. 00512 block has 3 oil drain holes at the rear end which have to be blocked because no longer required. At this point the block is also longer than the head. Can be cut off.
Thank you for the response but few things , one , the block is longer then the head? What do you mean cut it off?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry

Sorry, forget that with your 75TS head. Just 155 head is shorter. I've mixed that up with today's post about shorter 155 crank I've made.

No cut-off needed with 75 type head.

Oil gallery to head is also different as TS head just needs the 2 front oil feeds in block instead of all 6 oil feed holes like Nord engine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So summing up , i need to change the studs to longer ones or trim the head , i need to plug the oil holes , and i need to change the timing chain?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
So summing up , i need to change the studs to longer ones or trim the head , i need to plug the oil holes , and i need to change the timing chain?
AND you have to change or modify the double chain sprocket mounted under front cover. Or your new chain will not run straight up/line up to the cam sprockets! TS cam sprockets are closer to head. The distance between both chain gears in the double sprocket is closer in a TS compared to a Nord.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Are these modifications possible?
I just stated "not plug&play". I didn't say "not possible".

I've built several of these conversions, with both possible versions (75 &155 head).

It's a lot of detailed work needed, but a professional engine build always requires a lot of detail work. And you've to measure everything to get in your hands. Then it will work like it should.

For example: If you decide to mill deeper nut pockets into head instead of changing studs, you need different head nuts and washers. And a very shallow socket. Every modification requires a different detail to change for.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Asking me what I'd do:

If there'd be a complete 75TS engine available I always would modify the complete engine to fit in a 105 chassis. TS blocks are stronger than early 00512 blocks. And from a TS engine fitted with 45 DCOE's you easily can get out +190hp for full street use. Using Nord rods and some other parts. It's way easier to get more power out oft the TS than of a Nord. And it runs way smoother.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for your response , i would like to do a engine build and put the ts head on the 2.0 block
But could you tell me if you have any photos of such conversion?
Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts