·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dashes have all of the holes for the various lights, including the one for low fuel pressure. You use a knife to cut out those that you intend to use. Start on the back and gently push the knife through to the front-side. Then, working from the front, gently cut the hole out. The metal frame will act as a guide to the knife.

Attachments

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 1600 Spiders use a straight stud mount and the 1750 Spiders use an angled mount. I am not sure what the 1300 Juniors look like.

My solution is not elegant, but it seems to work and is not visible from the outside. I started by cutting some rather hard rubber at an angle to match that of the dash fascia. Next, I fabricated some merchant couplings (I just learned that term) to attach to the straight studs on the dash top. After that, I got some nylon spacers and cut them at the same angle as the mount. I used a flat washer, an external star washer and a hex head cap screw at each stud to snug up the dash top with the fascia.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Did your car come with the clips to hold the indicator lights in? I've never seen them in the many Alfas I've taken apart over the years.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Brian,
Who was the supplier? Are they still in business? I am pretty sure I have seen a replacement dash cover on Alfaholics web site.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Oh man. I have a brand new 69 dash I would have loved to have swapped you for a 67, oh well.
Everyone seems to stock 69 specific dashes, not 67.

·
Registered
105 Posts
thanks for that the guide / inspiration. I was about to pay the local auto trim place to recover mine but I think youve inspired me to DIY.

did you buy it off Al Confine in person or have it delivered somewhere in italy? the business still exists although they dont seem to be online. Im fortunate enough to have a friend in Milan who could take delivery of it and send it on if need be.

Although Alfaholics etc are great, I do like it when they can be cut out of the loop and we can go directly to the supplier....

·
Out of the office!
11,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that the guide / inspiration. I was about to pay the local auto trim place to recover mine but I think youve inspired me to DIY.

did you buy it off Al Confine in person or have it delivered somewhere in italy? the business still exists although they dont seem to be online. Im fortunate enough to have a friend in Milan who could take delivery of it and send it on if need be.

Although Alfaholics etc are great, I do like it when they can be cut out of the loop and we can go directly to the supplier....
In the late nineties, I bought a bunch of stuff from several Italian vendors. I had them all ship to a consolidator or freight forwarder who sent it all to me. Al Confine did not want to ship outside Italy. So, I had no choice. It all worked out very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts