Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to run my 1750 off of the car's own fuel tank, pump and FISPA FRB-11 filter for the first time. I have run it off of a standalone aux pump run straight to the carbs before this.

I put some fuel in the tank, started the pump and the fuel line and glass bowl filled (2/3 full in the case of the glass bowl) in a few seconds. Everything looked fine... until I realized that there is no fuel getting up to the carbs. I ran the pressure adjustment all the way in and out (I think in is higher pressure, correct?). I disconnected the banjo fitting at the carbs to vent air. Still nothing.

I rebuilt the regulator and had no concerns about the pin in the diaphragm binding or anything else. The only thing I can think of is that I got the inlet and outlet of the filter reversed but I am pretty sure I had that figured right. Wouldn't fuel simply not shut off if i had done that? Anyway, there is no arrow marked on mine, only a U and E on the ports. Can anybody tell me which is which?

Thanks

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing, but uscita is Italian for exit, and entrata for entry. So E for entry from fuel pump and U for exit to carbs.
Thanks. That's the way I have it plumbed. Looks like the filter needs to come out again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts