Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through the posts to find out how you control the pressure going through to the carbs via the FISPA FRB 11 regulator/filter. It seems its controlled by the main screw (center middle of the top of the cover)....but what I couldnt find was: which way is "more" and which way is "less" pressure to the carbs....? I dont have a pressure gauge...I can trial and error this a bit but would prefer to know "broadly"....anyone?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
GET A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE. Or just guess, and burn a hole in a piston from low fuel level at high rpm.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I checked mine today. As received, it was giving 2.5 PSI on my gauge. Loosening the lock nut and winding the screw in (clockwise) brought the pressure up to 3PSI - I think it was about one turn

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Malcolm - much appreciated. Im waiting for my Malpassi Filter King to arrive (per Gordon Raymond's recommendation), which has a gauge attached to the pressure regulator. In the meantime I set up a temp fuel pressure gauge and got it running a touch under 3psi - anything much higher and the pressure was overwhelming the float in the carbs.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts