Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm excited to be the new owner of an '81 spider - my first Alfa. Looking forward to learning all the in and outs of fixing and maintaining this beautiful car.

·
Administrator
16,421 Posts
Correction - you don't need 10 posts to attach pictures. (you need 10 posts to include links - like to a photo hosting page). The 10-post rule was added to slow down spammers. If one needs to post links ASAP and you are not a spammer, send a PM (Private Message) to a moderator.

Anyway, welcome! For sure we do like photos! Does your '81 have carbs or SPICA FI? There is info about the SPICA system in the Carbs & FI section.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's got the Spica FI. Shifts smoothly in all gears, has a near perfect interior (except for dash cap), new cloth top and just 51,000 on the clock.

Need to sort out a few things like the non-working blower motor and the need for a new trunk interior.

Wondering if the P225/50R15 tires are over kill — they don't seem rub, but feel like they grab every bit of uneven pavement. Would love to throw on a set of Cromodora Daytonas.

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,865 Posts
Looks like a nice car.

Wondering if the P225/50R15 tires are over kill — they don't seem rub, but feel like they grab every bit of uneven pavement. Would love to throw on a set of Cromodora Daytonas.
Probably. In my opinion these cars do best on the original 185/70-14 tire size. You give up some ultimate grip but it gives very satisfying ride and handling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts