Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

This is my first post on Alfabb, so please be patient untill i find my feet.:)

The reason I regisered is that i placed a clip on you-tube and someone put a link from the clip to here.
I have been a bit of an Italian car fan for a lot of years and Owned Alfas, Lancias, and the odd fiat.

My most recent project is a kit car with an Alfa V6 12v installed .
The chasis is based on the Lotus seven design and uses LSD, gearbox etc from Ford
Its been great so far and as far as I'm aware the only one in the UK with an Alfa v6 engine.

I hope I cn pick up a few things from here and If i can help anyone with anything I will do the best i can.

John

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...My most recent project is a kit car with an Alfa V6 12v installed . ...
Well, that barely qualifies for membership, but I guess we'll let you join... Ok, just kidding. :D

That is a cool project, and welcome to the BB, John!! :)

Don't be bashful about posting pictures (we love pictures), and the link to your youtube clip.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
welcome to the board, this looks like a wonderful project!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
More pics pleaes :) Oh and how fast is it? It seems like it would be real fast...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Welcome on board! Knowing what a seven type chassis weighs, that vehicle has got to fly! Not to mention that unmistakable Alfa sound...

Keep us posted, and yes we like photos.;)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hi John: I was wondering, is your you tube clip of this car. Could you post the link to your you tube clip?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everybody
Thanks for the welcome.

I will try a link to my "you tube" clip.

The car is pretty quick, I pull away in second and it just keeps going, pulls realy strongly in third.
The engine has a great sound but can get a little noisy on a long run.
Heres a couple more pics.

The engine is from a 164, I had to engineer a way of joining it to the Ford gearbox for rear wheel drive, seems to work fine and uses the Hydraulic clutch from the Alfa.

All i need now is some nice weather, but in Northern Scotland it doesent come that often!

John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts