Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I paid a visit to the Austin Alfa-Fiat dealer yesterday, primarily to start to forge an alliance between them and the club. Perhaps sponsoring a CNC there or a 4C at our CNC, or ??. More on that as it develops. Notably they were a sponsor at the recent Galleria Rolling Sculpture car show. In fact, they awarded my 65 Super the "Best Exotic" award.

Their decor has been re-tooled to add Alfa logos and displays, only lacking the cars now. But not for long; the first 4C is due 11/24. The Manager that keeps "the list" was not in so I could not get any further info, but I will follow-up. I am personally not interested in a LE (Launch Edition) 4C with the high premium they will command (see the "4C" thread). The rep, Alejandra Villarreal, was very helpful and enthusiastic. The rep at the Galleria show was Jonathan More. We appreciate their involvement.

The sweet little powder blue Fiat 500 is a retro-looking "57" model. :) I did find one Alfa on the lot and it generated a lot of interest, but it is not for sale. ;)

They are interested in seeing more vintage Alfas and I will be by with more of mine. Watch this thread for future developments.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got pink? And, where's the Hook 'En version? This IS Austin!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
We're doing the same thing here in Dixie, Bruce. Our launch party is Dec 9. ( note I did not include a year)

Same Alfa decor is in use at Alfa of Huntsville.

The white 500 looks AWESOME!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the white one shipped down to Hempstead; we replaced it with a Hook 'Em. ;) I thought the retro looking "57" was pretty sweet. But I'll keep my Alfas.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Huntsville sold their 57 edition. I thought it took cute to a whole new level.

And the special markings 500's must be a cow college thing. The one they had here in college colors was decked out for Auburn.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Hey Bruce I just noticed, that is a different store for Fiat of Austin. Where are they now? I picked up my Prima from them when they were in the Domain.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They moved from the Domain Mopac area to 183 between 620 and 360, closer to 620. Nice dedicated facility. Must have had 40 Fiat 500's in the lot. They have their own on-site maintenance facility and no longer have to send them over to the Chrysler-Jeep dealer.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
That's good. Better. When we were there and the Domain had no service, the CDJ folks didn't know if the engine was in the front or in the back.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The two dealers I've been to here in Los Angeles look exactly the same. Even the blue 57 is there.

Akransas sold a 4C last week on Thursday. Owner was away and took delivery on Saturday.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Austin dealer lists about 6 2014 "57's" in stock and some 2015's also. The 2015's do not have the retro looking wheels. There is a pretty step discount BELOW MSRP on all 2014's, up to $3600.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any idea on how much the Austin dealer is asking for the 4C? How much did the Arkansas one sell for?

Alfanuts, what would you think is a reasonable premium for a LE, if any ?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dunno, not my interest but I'd think anything over 10% is usury. With a list around $75k +/-. I plan on visiting tomorrow. 2014 Fiats have up to 20% discounts; 2015'sw are arriving and they have 40+ 2014's in stock. Might make a decent A/C'd summer daily driver..

·
Registered
535 Posts
The dealer here also had a "57" edition 500 and an 8C , but what I really liked about the 57 were the special leather seats, they were soooo comfortable, anybody tried them?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard from a reliable local source that two were received here: one spoken for and one offered to my local source who declined it. Working down "the list" apparently. He did not get to pricing.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update today per telecon: actually three 4C's were received here and all sold, reportedly at MSRP. But the manager has a personal one (one of 3 sold??) and you can look at that.

They want to plan a joint event in the next few weeks. Will call next week with details. I will drop in and chat. Stay tuned.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
A new one (#206 of 500), in red, on e-Bay auction in VA by a dealer Safford Alfa Romeo Fiat. Has not met reserve at $71,895. LINK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts