Well after many months, of mostly waiting to buy parts, I finaly put the motor back in this weekend and took her out for a drive tonite!! To recap I blew a head gasket last fall fixed it but had an issue with the upper timing chain masterlink letting go on our test drive and bent some valves and trashed the intermediate sprocket so no alfa for the last 6 months. Thanks to gigem75 and vf31rhill for their help with advice and parts. In the end I replaced all the valves,upper and lower timing chain, intermediate sprockets/shaft, motor mounts, front and rear seals, oil pan gaskets, oil pump and new clutch. I left off the a/c for now. I mounted the fan for the a/c condensor to the radiator and used a relay with the temp senor so now the fan will turn on and off with the sensor( I tested it in a cup of hot water it worked perfectly the fan went on and off as expected), at some point I will add a switch inside the car as well. I had the flywheel sensors switched so it did not want to start until I corrected that! It then started right up smooth idle no leaks. I retorqued the head when we got home but look foreward to redoing the tags, as the inspection and registration have expired, and going for a longer ride. I'll post some pics when i'm on my other computer.