Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That being said, Alfa should do some homework and make adjustments in the next few years. I my opinion it does not need to be the best but it had better be closer to the Z and BMW than it is today. Oh and reliability better be top notch too.

Oh and I'll still probably buy one anyway. ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
That being said, Alfa should do some homework and make adjustments in the next few years. I my opinion it does not need to be the best but it had better be closer to the Z and BMW than it is today. Oh and reliability better be top notch too.
...Or they could just lower the price. I don't see why someone would want to buy a 3500 pound fwd car for $45K+ when they can purchase a Boxster or Lotus for the same price. The Alfa has the look and because it will be new it will have the exclusitivity factor going for it for a while but will that be enough to sustain sales? I don't think so. This car is more for fashionistas on Rodeo Drive rather than motorsport enthusiasts.

Plus, there is no feasible way to drop the weight of this car since the wieght problem begins with the dense platform which the car is built upon. You need a new car from the ground up to fix the weight. No premium platforms. This is not the generation of Alfas to rival BMW, Porsche, or even Audi and Nissan (as the article suggests).

I'm not sure if bringing this car to the states will be a good idea in the long run for Alfa...but if they do come I do agree that the very least they could do is drop an authentic Alfa Romeo engine in it. Otherwise Fiat is not doing the badge justice.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Actually the cars will be awd from everything I've seen in the euro press. The second link above also states this is the case. As far as weight goes that was one reason for the recent departure of the Maserati boss. He did not want to share the bloated platform from Alfa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts