Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can find a preventative maintenance schedule and maybe what kind of spare parts I should have on hand for a 2.5 Milano? I've seen one on the forums for The 164 but not for this car. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Hello--I'll go get my owner's manual shortly and scan the maintenance info for you. Someone else may get to it quicker, or maybe it's online someplace, too. Maybe try the Milano Registry website, he might have it posted. (I just tried the Milano Registry, and looked like the site is down.)

dave j.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
The spare parts question kinda depends on what you are tackling for work on the car yourself and how much moola you have. Could be anything from a whole parts car to none. Assuming you are doing some things yourself, change every fluid, have a spare set of filters and if you can find one a spare combi relay in the glove box. Then it's just tackle things as they come up. If you order a seal for any job I would order two. If there is a local alfa club it would be worthwhile to get signed up.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Spare parts on hand is a tough question. I never seem to have what I need, and always plenty of what I don't. Make sure the timing belt is fresh and the vacuum and fuel hoses are good and these things are pretty tough. Fuel pumps are easy to get when you need one. Cap and rotor are good to have on hand.

Driveshaft donuts are expensive, but not always available when you need them. Same with rear brake calipers (I keep a pile of old used ones and rebuild when needed - usually). You shouldn't have the ABS unless you have a Platinum. ABS parts are more and more difficult to source and it is good to get spares when you can.

I find that a the cam holder and cam pulley puller tools are good to have. Allows easy intake valve adjustment (30K plus intervals). Otherwise, I get by with fabricated or standard tools.

Clean the grounds. Drive the car frequently - they don't like to sit. Most wear items are reasonably available.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I have been driving a Milano Verde purchased new in 1988 and been driving a 1987 Milano Silver for 25 plus years.

I would inspect the car for the following:

Timing belt should be replaced if there are not records because bent valves are not good (repairing engine due to timing belt failure)
Check for water in the oil
Check three driveshaft donuts
Check CV boots
Check rear brake calipers,
Check fuel lines and change rear fuel filter
Check steering rack for leaks
Change oil, transmission oil, brake fluid and coolant

The Milano cars can be used for daily drivers but, you have to remember that the latest car is thirty years old!

I buy new parts from Centerline Alfa, Vicks Alfa, Jon Norman Alfa, eBay and used parts from Larry Dickman at Alfa Parts Exchange. I am buying more parts from Larry because of the lack of new parts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Another great source for Alfa Milano/75 parts is EB Spares in the UK. Very reasonable prices even after converting to US Dollars. Great shipping rates and very fast shipping. Got my parts in 3 days!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
EBspares has good prices and parts that nobody else has, but in my experience their quality is lacking.

I've ordered several parts from them and most have had some issues. Top wishbone bushings that simply don't fit (had to turn them down on a lathe), motormounts that start to crumble after 1-2 years. Coolant hoses of questionable material etc.

·
Premium Member
15,428 Posts
I often get Alfa parts from Jason (Alfissimo International) and DiFatta.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts