Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV Serie 1 US specs 1969
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
First of all apologize for my english as I am french....
I did some deep dive on insulation pads, heat pads and under carpet materiel. I am totally confused about what to do and use.
I have removed the old carpet in my 69 gtv US specs serie 1.
Now several questions:
Should I remove the what is on the firewall (foot rest/ behind pedals)? Looks old and worn?
Quid of what is on the front tunnel and around the gear box? What should I putt in replacement?
I have the carpet set from Classic Alfa but my fear is that if insulation is too thick then it will be much harder to reinstall the center console and tunnel console as well as the seats...
Overall what should I use as material/brand/reference. for
Firewall Around gearbox Center tunnel
Under seats..

Lots of questions and hope for some guidance and wisdom here.....,

Thanks all
some photos of what Ii found after removing the carpet...

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Having just done the interior on my 66 Sprint GT, I would suggest you remove all the old insulation so you have a clean metal surface and start again.

I used Dynamat Extreme first and then Dynaliner liner on top. Dynaliner comes in 3 different thicknesses, I used 6mm on the tunnel and fire wall (figured most noise and heat was coming through these areas) and 3mm on the floor pan (was also concerned about seat runners fitting etc). I then carpeted with Alfaholics carpet set, glued in position which all fitted fine (although the piece over the gearbox is a nightmare to fit neatly and I shall forever be looking at some wrinkles).

Obviously I don't have the centre console, but given the original insulation you have in your pictures, you should be fine.

Last comment, take you time - its not a job to rush.

·
Registered
299 Posts
As miles5 says remove the old stuff and use a new accoustic/heat barrier like dynomat, I used some I bought of eBay maybe not as good as dynomat but I'm happy with it, even with the material fitted and new carpets the seat mounts still poke through so no issue there.
If you do this get a good pair of protective gloves the foil outer layer is like a razor blade when it's cut, I found out the hard way with two sliced finger tips

1 - 3 of 3 Posts