Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that all Greek Alfisti, their families and friends are staying safe during the wildfires currently plaguing your country. Hope that they are soon under control and snuffed out.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks Nick!
Unfortunately we already have 59 people dead...
The good thing is that the museum of Ancient Olympia is intact and safe!
I hope that those arsonists will soon be caught and punished hardly... :mad:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Theo there's a video of those sons of *****es setting fire to Imitos, a car has been also identified and two are already into custody. But the whole thing looks as carefully planned...

·
Premium Member
9,749 Posts
I hope that all Greek Alfisti, their families and friends are staying safe during the wildfires currently plaguing your country. Hope that they are soon under control and snuffed out.
Same with me. I hope all is well. I have lots family there with Olive tree farms and vineyards and hope that all (their life)is well or as good as it can be. We have had plenty of devastating fires here in AZ and in CA when I lived there.

Good luck and I pray for rain, low winds and higher humidity!!!

Jason Minos

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think arsons should be burned to death

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I second that. Greece is the homeland. These guys should be hanged in public.

·
Registered
498 Posts
A thank you from my heart for your concern, in the town I live, Kalamata, the fire approached my house 800 meters to 1 km, and 100 meters from the farm of olive trees my family keeps, hopefully everything is in tact, but other people did suffer from the fire.
My father keeps a house on mountain Taygetos in a small village called Poliani, the fire approached at the perimeter of the village but everyone was alerted and they managed to keep it away.
The mountain Taygetos which is some minutes away from the town is totally burned, leaving everyone with concern about the air we are going to breath.
The enviromental loss is great the people loss is even greater, and in all the peoples mind is a big question mark, who and why did all this destruction.
Thanks again, Takis.

·
Super Moderator
11,397 Posts
Arson is another form of terreorim. There is no place in todays world where the concept of terrorism can be acceptable. Terrorism is a cowardly approach to, what is essentially, armed warfare. The punishment for these types of acts, need to fit the crime.
Gordon Raymond

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Takis i was in kalamata -kept an eye for your 1750 but no alfa romeos around.
Almiros was very cool:), when i left the same day all hell broke loose. What really hurts me is the Taygetos fire that mountain was very beautiful ,i remember driving to kalamata via that route , all those turns and wild scenery and the air was so cool like winter time, i'm gonna miss it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
GTV-GR next time you come to Kalamata let me know.
I will try in the near future and show pictures of the before and after the fire on mountain Taygetos.
Takis.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
News reports this AM said the major fires are under control - I hope so. From the pictures it looks obviously like a major tragedy for many:(.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts