Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
That's great. You can have fun with that car. It drives really differently than the 164. Hope it is a good one. Which model and year?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Looks nice and you've got the best of both worlds - it's red and something else!! I recently acquired a 75 to add to the 164 I own and the cars are night and day apart. There's alot about the 164 I like moreso than the 75 and vice versa. Either way/choice, methinks you'll be very pleased. Compliments. ciao jc

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JC

I have a Spider parked in the garage for good weather and the Milano will be a driver throughout the rest of the year. My hope is that the car will be as nice as it looks in photos. I haven't seen it yet in person ... Kind of rolling the dice a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I had a Spider for a few years and while it was a nice car, I never really "clicked" with it. My Rossa is very lady like and great fun on the open road with a few curvys mixed in. Very comfy and gets great mileage. A great road tripper. The 75 is like the little devil always trying to peek under Rossa's dress. A real ripper on the twisties. Much smaller inside, louder and more of a roustabout. Night and day. I might be of this mindset as it is VERY similar to my first Alfa, an Alfetta GTV 1979 2 litre. I wish you the best of fortune. ciao, chris

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In which part of Italy do you live? My son is a tenor, studying vocal performance in college. We think he will do an artist in residence program next summer - in Verona. My wife and I are planning to visit while he's there.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Looks like the seats are maybe leather? If so that's nice, I'm sure that will wear a LOT better than the recaro material! Make sure to put it in my registry.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
I'm near Venice which or...an hour and a halfish from Verona. I bought my 75 in a suburb of Verona a few weeks ago. Nice area. ciao, jc

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting close. Credit union (lender) insisting on current registration. Tabs expired in May. Crazy ... I'm just taking the car to Washington. Argh

Hoops galore. But the transaction is about done. I really hope the car meets or exceeds expectations.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's exciting to take a risk like that, best wishes with the car. It looks nice. I took a risk with my Platnium Milano (also purchased in Seattle) when I bought it, in that it wasn't running at all well. I paid two grand for a pretty decent car that I was able to sort out for less than a hundred dollars. Win!

Be sure to check behind the plastic body pieces for rust, and have a good look at the rear fender arches in through the rear door wells. If you don't have a digital multi-meter, you should have one. YouTube tutorials on them make them easy to use. You'll need it.

Have fun with it! Give it the balls as soon as you can and be amazed at how much car you bought for the money.

Post up more pics as soon as you have it, and welcome : )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts