Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 7 years of longing, but with no appreciable gain in my bank account, I finally found a GTV6 in my price range. It's rough, but not impossibly rough. It's rusty, but not terminally rusty. It needs brake work and a new clutch (err, clutches), but it runs ok and has a good second gear synchro. It's the $500 GTV6....

It's a humble beginning, but the best stories always are.

cheers,
scott

S

·
0 Posts
$500? Like taking candy from a baby, huh? I'm assuming that was the PO in the first shot.

Congrats!

David
1986 GTV-6 2.8 GS
(Black-62k)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Platinums are almost give-aways anyways....and dealing with the ABS quickly makes it a worse deal than paying money for a six!

Scooter, your $500 looks better than our $700 '84. The worst part about these cars is properly redoing Recaros in the GTV-6 is atleast a grand!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, the inner fenders are just gone. The braces seem fairly solid though. The floorpan is solid (shocked at that), but the sills are shot. Having owned (1960 Mini) or helped work on a number of British cars over the years, it really doesn't look that bad. The cosmetic stuff, though very light, will probably be more work since it has to be closer to perfect.

Lots of airleaks in the intake track of the motor, I'm surprised it ran ok. Basically all the rubber not in the cabin needs to go.

Three days later and I'm still basking in the glow. No buyer's remorse here.

cheers,
scott

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
looks like a great buy at $500! Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts