Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Ok, I checked both Crankshaft Positioning sensors, the upper not putting out a reading so I order a Bosch sensor from Parts Geek. The other I’m not sure which way it goes into the connectors but, if shows an ohm reading, once I get the upper in. If it still doesn’t start, I’ll try reversing the plug and hopefully.. there will be Bliss!! We’ll see, thanks again for the tips!! Much appreciated!
MM

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi Folks.Question, crankshaft Positioning Sensor, both identical except Grey plastic indicates lower sensor black plastic indicates upper sensor. Can I order two Black Plastic connectors will they still work as an upper and Lower? Parts Geet sells them but only black and they don’t know if upper and lower are interchangeable for both upper and lower!! What a Head scratcher!! Anyone know the deal on that ??
thanks Ya All!
Mm

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,084 Posts
Not sure if Dom told you but although the sensors and plugs are identical, the wires sense different things. If you mix them up the car wont run.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks, That’s what I wanted to know I just need to find out where I could order the lower sensir now thank you🤙HG

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
when you replace both connectors with new black ones, just make sure you mark the one that was grey, perhaps put a blob of grey paint on it
...so that any following owner isn't left scratching his head:)

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,084 Posts
Thanks, That’s what I wanted to know I just need to find out where I could order the lower sensir now thank you🤙HG
They are both the same....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, so I can use another black plastic sensor for the lower? One of the members said that they sense different info. But no one seems to have the grey Lower Crankshaft Positioning Sensor. If I can know for sure that would be great because they are pricy.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Sensors are identical
The different color connectors are not on the sensor leads, they just connect to different color connectors so you know which one connects where

Don’t overthink this👍

21 - 29 of 29 Posts