Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, the hours they are showing these do suck, but at least it's not nASScrap!

Australian V8 Supercars
Thu, Jan 3 2PM Bathurst
Fri, Jan 4 3AM Bathurst
Sat, Jan 5 1PM Queensland First Showing
Sat, Jan 5 2PM Symmons Plains First Showing

SCCA Runoffs
Wed, Jan 2 3AM GT-1
Wed, Jan 2 4AM GT-2
Wed, Jan 2 12PM GT-1 First Showing
Wed, Jan 2 1PM GT-2 First Showing

German Touring Cars
Wed, Jan 2 2PM Brands Hatch
Wed, Jan 2 3PM Norisring
Thu, Jan 3 3AM Brands Hatch
Thu, Jan 3 4AM Norisring
Sat, Jan 5 12PM Mugello First Showing

SPEED CHANNEL. FUEL YOUR PASSION

*ALL Times Eastern - Schedules may be subject to change

·
Premium Member
9,853 Posts
OK, the hours they are showing these do suck, but at least it's not nASScrap!

Australian V8 Supercars
Thu, Jan 3 2PM Bathurst
Fri, Jan 4 3AM Bathurst
Sat, Jan 5 1PM Queensland First Showing
Sat, Jan 5 2PM Symmons Plains First Showing

SCCA Runoffs
Wed, Jan 2 3AM GT-1
Wed, Jan 2 4AM GT-2
Wed, Jan 2 12PM GT-1 First Showing
Wed, Jan 2 1PM GT-2 First Showing

German Touring Cars
Wed, Jan 2 2PM Brands Hatch
Wed, Jan 2 3PM Norisring
Thu, Jan 3 3AM Brands Hatch
Thu, Jan 3 4AM Norisring
Sat, Jan 5 12PM Mugello First Showing

SPEED CHANNEL. FUEL YOUR PASSION

*ALL Times Eastern - Schedules may be subject to change
Thanks for that. I have not turned to the Nascar channel...I mean speed channel in over 2-3 years.
This is good news. thanks
Jason

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yep, its been a pleasure lately, unfortunatly its all over by febuary when nasscrap gets going again. :mad:
They should start a "Speed II" channel just for normal people.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A few nights ago the Speed channel ran a Victory by Design about Grand Prix cars. De Cadenet did his usual brilliant job, but the credits sent him and his credibility crashing to the ground when one thanked an owner for the use of his Alpha Romeo. Duh Cadenet?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
A few nights ago the Speed channel ran a Victory by Design about Grand Prix cars. De Cadenet did his usual brilliant job, but the credits sent him and his credibility crashing to the ground when one thanked an owner for the use of his Alpha Romeo. Duh Cadenet?
Do you really think he edited the film and wrote the credits too?;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Is the President responsible for everything that happens in Washington?

Okay, I shouldn't respond in kind, so scratch that retort. Of course De Cadenet doesn't write everything, but he is the person who is prominently featured and he receives the credit for the wonderful shows produced by his team. He has a responsibility to review the footage before it is released, right down to the credits that show the featured cars in action and tell who supplied them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
He knows what he's talking about, in the VBD Alfa Romeo show he spells it out ALFA (maybe due to what you saw).
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7943742255421495615&hl=en-AU" flashvars=""> </embed>

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Is the President responsible for everything that happens in Washington?

Okay, I shouldn't respond in kind, so scratch that retort. Of course De Cadenet doesn't write everything, but he is the person who is prominently featured and he receives the credit for the wonderful shows produced by his team. He has a responsibility to review the footage before it is released, right down to the credits that show the featured cars in action and tell who supplied them.
It’s my understanding that Mr. DeCadenet because of his knowledge, wrote some of his descriptive dialogue but otherwise had nothing to do with the production, editing or distribution of the series. I recommend the the entire DVD unedited series which is much better than the TV version.

And I don't think Bush was responsibe either.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I too am happy to see some other programming. The "lucas" stuff is pretty bad too. Real ******* stuff. Maybe someday we'll get the BTCC? Maybe ESPN will get it someday.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I too am happy to see some other programming. The "lucas" stuff is pretty bad too. Real ******* stuff. Maybe someday we'll get the BTCC? Maybe ESPN will get it someday.
Although touring cars are much better than watching NASCAR, the v8s and even BTCC are only shadows of their former greatness.
V8: Basically a one-make series with cars that are quite boring to look at and an exciting moment pretty rare.
BTCC: Front-wheel-drive family cars. However, lots of action, much more exciting than the V8s...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It’s my understanding that Mr. DeCadenet because of his knowledge, wrote some of his descriptive dialogue but otherwise had nothing to do with the production, editing or distribution of the series. I recommend the the entire DVD unedited series which is much better than the TV version.

And in the Aston Martin VBD he admits to being an ALFA MAN!! Go de Cadenet!!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Although touring cars are much better than watching NASCAR, the v8s and even BTCC are only shadows of their former greatness.
V8: Basically a one-make series with cars that are quite boring to look at and an exciting moment pretty rare.
BTCC: Front-wheel-drive family cars. However, lots of action, much more exciting than the V8s...
I honestly have trouble telling one Oz V8 'Supercar' from another, but if you can still find it on the TV schedule, watch the Bathurst race (on the Mt. Panaorama Circuit). Great circuit and actually a pretty exciting race--even if the Holdens and the Fords do look exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Bathurst is a great circuit and always a great race.
Much better in the about 15 years ago when there was a variety of cars.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
You are absolutely right on that call, Aldo!! :D(and he probably would have misspelled it too!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I just got a nice e-mail from the Executive Producer of Victory By Design. He says they supply the shows to the Speed Channel minus the credit sequences, so someone at Speed screwed up. He has contacted them, asking that they correct the error before the program is shown again.

I was beginning to feel that Alpha Romero is the Rodney Dangerfield of motorcars. It helps to know that the mistake came from the same people who give us a steady diet of semi-legit drag races, NASCAR, pickup truck restorations, and hot-rodded rice rockets.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Thanks Gary

It's nice to know people who have friends in high places:cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wow, you're really barking up the wrong tree Alain De cad is a huge Alfisti he has owned some very important cars including many Alfas. In articles he has written he often uses Alfas as the standard by which he measures other pre-war machines. He is recognized as an authority on Pre-war Alfas and is often asked to concours to judge because of his knowledge.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nobody's barking up any trees. I like trees and I don't like barking.

I simply pointed out to the Victory By Design people that they made an embarrassing error by misspelling Alpha Romeo. The Executive Producer was horrified and immediately contacted the Speed Channel people, who are expected to make the correction before the show is run again.

Speed runs programs that are purported to be by and for car enthusiasts. That being the case, what they air should should be accurate, right down to spelling correctly the name of one of the auto industry's most honored names.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My wife is IN LOVE with de Cadenet...she thinks he should be the next James Bond! I hope he never shows up at my front door...

I digress.

I like his hosting of the auction show "Ferrari - Leggenda e Passione"...good stuff, that. I do like the boy's style...

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts