Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I drove down to my mechanic's and delivered the new fuel pump and filter. It was the first time I saw it in daylight. Not much new that I saw except it needs a new headlight lens and the little lens next to it. The E brake has a part below it, in the console, that's toast. By tomorrow she'll be running and maybe we'll uncover some mechanical stuff. Hopefully not.

Excited

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
How's that bent trunk lid? Get my message I sent?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Few Pics

Richard - I PM'd you.

Here are the photos of my issues.

I'd love to find a replacement for the e-Brake...I don't what you'd call it. A cover or sleeve.

The trunk lid's going to be a pain to get fixed. It's what caused me to initially pass on the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
I've got a used S lid in good condition for cheap if you want it. Would have to be repainted since it's black.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Hmmm...wonder where that came from. lol
I'd ditch that 20 year old spare. It's far beyond the life for tires.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Looks like someone pushed the lid closed on something big and bent the support arm and cracked the support for the trunk lid. See if you can get a body shop to weld it up and check for alignment. Worth the money IMHO.
A LS might have the part you are looking for the Ebrake. As to the head light I see them on EBay now and then. The turn signal lens might be harder to track down, just have patience. Took me a while to find one when I was looking.
Try to keep this as stock as you can as there are not many of these cars around which will keep the value up. You got the car under current value so you have some room to put some parts into the car and keep it running.
I got your email, and will be responding.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
autoricambiFirat.it and subito.it are usually pretty good sources for stuff here in the motherland. Subito is a sell all our junk kinda place but easy to navigate. ciao, chris

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I think that trunk lid mounting point can be pulled back into position fairly easily in the garage using a couple bolts and brace. A little weld and some spray paint and it will be fine.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'll second the "ditch the spare" advice. Mine blew up in the trunk one hot summer day while I was driving down the interstate (in a construction zone, no less). The sound scared the SNOT out of me as I had no idea what just happened. NOT a pleasant experience at all.
Charles

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Tires have a shelf life of about 7 years. They are marked with a code to indicate when they were made. Reputable tire shops won't repair or let you leave their shop on out dated tires (ask me how I know). These donut spares are well, well, well past that shelf life and should be discarded. I haven't had a flat on the road in over 15 years and question the value of even carrying a spare.

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
I replaced that lousy spare with a real tire in our 164's long ago. Safest thing to do.

The metal near that trunk lid hinge arm is pretty broken up. Sure, it can be fixed one way or another, but wouldn't he rather have a lid that won't look cobbled, lol?

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Yup, fixed it, thanks. I blame the time changes, both from spending a month on the East Coast, and the seasonal clock change. Not used to getting up so early, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts