Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Finally Quality Alfa Time

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Alfisto Steve 
#1 ·
With moving and working on the house, my fleet has been neglected for about 6 months:( I finally finished the bedroom Tues and moved the furniture in. Spent Tues afternoon converting the garage from a wood working shop to an Alfa Repair shop. Yesterday I fixed a couple of power steering leaks in the red 164S which I haven't used for about 4 months and today replaced the L10 Temperature bulb (sensor, switch).

Now if I could only find the Speedo sensor I got from Alfisto Steve...I'm sure it's in a moving box here somewhere....

#2 ·
You better find that sucker!

#4 ·
Remember what I told you it is a new euro spec sensor so you have to cut off your old sensor wiring and splice/solder it to new sensor wires as Euro connector is different.

#5 ·
Ok, thanks for the reminder. Tomorrow I'll start tearing into boxes looking for it. We had it out for a run this evening for gas and some groceries. This is one sweet running 164!!

#6 ·
Started working on the A/C on Red 164S. Tightened up the old dryer to run a vacuum test which failed:( Now I guess I'll start disconnecting all the hoses/joints and check the green rubber "O" rings. I need to find someone to evacuate the 134 out of the silver car so I can remove the 134 POA from it to install on the red car. The heater fan quit in the silver 164B last fall and I didn't fix it. The "B" is slowly becoming a parts car. There is still plenty of pressure on the "B" A/C system. I've already removed the radiator air dam plastic from the "B" to put on the red "S" and the radiator is going on son Daryl's black "S". He's only come down to work on his car once since Nov. He's bought 3 vehicles since he got the Black "S". He really needs to get after it and get his "S" going!!

#7 ·
Did you all get his 164S to go into second gear? Was it a cracked 2nd gear 60800498 syncro ring?

#8 ·
He had one great day working on it about 3 months ago...now it sits up on jack stands with the strut out, shift linkage disconnected, air box and upper end stuff out, etc. Not bad for me not being there and working by himself for the 1st time on an Alfa. I finally put a block under the back of the transmission to take the pressure off of my floor jack:) He keep threatening to come down and take the starter out:)
So, we're not sure on the syncro yet. The transmission's still in.

#9 · (Edited)
I take it the car is at your new digs then? My car lot runneth over here with the three Masers of my sons which I start and move around once in awhile and my 164S rehab still engineless and now on back burner. I have gotten QS2 back from Sara's BF and may end up owning it again. Old Blue waits patiently behind fence and Maser Q-porte for me to finish harvesting and replacing parts.

My Originale is back on road with Barrs Stop leak to see if head gasket will hold on until this fall or winter.

I have had so many truck related missions lately the Ram is now in use almost daily. My other life has gotten in the way of Alfa work. We moved twice a truck and trailer load of stuff of my sons in the last two weeks plus moving stuff for friends and for ourselves.

Towed QS2 back home in between son's moves.

Looks like a road trip next week with truck and trailer to northern VA, too for fridge and furniture for niece from my mother in law's basement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.