Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Congrat's on the car. Finally got one. How's the rust, interior, frame, suspension etc. Give us the low down.

p.s. Everyone watch out, Alfa_chan will be posting like a madd man now.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sniady said:
p.s. Everyone watch out, Alfa_chan will be posting like a madd man now.
Watch out everyone... :D

The rust is not as bad as I think it is, some surface rust (about 4 inches total around front and rear windshield. and the driver side rocker panel are the worst rust. Trunk is almost solid with minor rust. The car has been repainted and some of the paint is falling off showing the plum org paint.

A Doctor in San Francisco had owned it from 89 to 99
another guy owned it from 99- 2002

It has Rugh springs, Shankle Sway bar, heel& toe kit, an EU CAM (?) Ansa muffler, some other stuff fitted in the early 90s... but looks like it is time to replace everything... $$$ :D

Haven't driven it on the road yet, want to drain the coolant and oils and check the brakes before driving it. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well done! All you need now is a set of Momo Vega wheels.
How about some interior pics?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Schuey said:
Well done! All you need now is a set of Momo Vega wheels.
How about some interior pics.
Exactly... haha

Interior pix - pretty worn down
time to strip it

Oh! The temp and fuel gauge are not working. I'm going to take it apart soon...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I thought you were buying a car with a bad head gasket? Or did you purchase a different one.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sniady said:
I thought you were buying a car with a bad head gasket? Or did you purchase a different one.
Yeah, that is the one with the bad head gasket. I find like some drops of oil in the coolant reservoir. I am going to AR Ricambi tomorrow and might get the gasket tomorrow. And do the head jobs on Wednesday. :)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you Simon and Alvin!

You two have been ver helpful during my search of my Alfa.
Sniady, Anthony and everyone on Alfabb too.

Thank you everybody!! :cool:

Simon, when will we Alfabb.com stickers? :D

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
sweet car!

you are bringing it to the alfabb night at skatelab...right? i gotta do a head gasket on my junior and lower it before that night.

lemme know if your friend backs out on those bwa's, i want them...have 5 sets and am still looking for more.

now we must find simon an alfa.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Heimeng, congratulations. We need to hang out when you fix it up. My '73 is done just need to get it back to the paint shop for some finishing work after the SPICA is replaced. Hopefuly I will have the Duetto ready soon. As always, Anthony and Santo are a great help with parts and advise.

For profesional Alfa service you must check out Santo's Italian Car Service in Northridge, CA. I highly recommend it!

Alvin.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I told Todd (when I picked up the CarDisc) that I will try my best to make it to the AlfaNight. I still need the title from the owner to register the car and fix the head gasket. Don't want to drive the car too far without both of the above.

Anthony, I will let you know if my friend let my BWAs go.

My friend just put some wax on the part of the car (only the front still has shiny paint), kinda make it a little bit shinier. Looks like my job tomorrow is waxing the GTV.

Alvin, I wanna see your Duetto, post some pix! :)

We must find Simon an Alfa...

Thank you Kai, Keven, Jim, RoadTrip, John also!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will post some pics of the Duetto this week. Don't expect much, it looks bad but has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Congrats Heimeng! I thought the day would never come! She looks great and I'm sure you two will have a long love affair!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hi Alfa_chan,

If you are interested in a 2.0 Twinspark for your car, let me know. There might be a spare engine available for sale. It may require some work (bad mains) but a stock TS is already very powerful. I'm somewhat helping a friend finish up his Berlina 2.0 TS with Autronic SMC sequential EFI. I'm going to help him tune his EFI this weekend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts