Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after much due diligent research, i finally purchased and installed my new system.

the new system consists of:

namakichi cd400 head unit.

diamond audio d352i 5 1/4" speakers in the rear.

eclipse se8245 4" speakers in the door.

i wanted to keep the factor speaker grills in the rear and was fortunate to find a great car stereo shop in NJ that was able to make everything look great.

due to the small speaker sizes and the limitations of the car, i am overall very happy with the new components.

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
That is a rather clean looking install isn't it.

Is there room for a dummy plate to keep it out of sight while you're not in attendance? (it looks recessed enough to accomidate one, and we all know how messy the sticky fingered set can be....)

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the head unit is removable. let's hope that i don't get lazy and just leave it in for the "next person".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks great, how does it sound out on the road w/ the top down? I
haven't mounted my rear speakers yet, I figured I would need to build boxes to face them forward, if you're happy with yours I may mount mine flush also.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the stereo sounds very good with the top down on the highway going 70. it is loud eneough to hear the music extremely clear at a high volume.

at the loudest volume it does get distorted but even if it was clear you would never listen to it that loud anyway.

the key ingredient is not to go cheap with the head unit and the rear speakers.

for the speakers, i would recommend polk audio, boston accoustics, mb quart or diamond audio to maximize the sound from a 5 1/4 speaker if that is the size you decide to go with.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I put a couple of Alpines in mine. A friend of mine has a convertable Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider and he put a huge subwoofer and amp in the trunk... of a convertable... It doesn't help the sound much, but the vibration noises and rattling are fantanstic.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SJMST - do you have more pics of your new alfa? did they ever sell your old ferrari at the dealer?

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks.

i bought the nakamichi on ebay and had all the stuff installed at a stereo shop called first impressions in north brunswick, nj.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
attached is a picture of the nakamichi at night so everyone can see how good the display color matches the rest of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
The console looks odd to me. My heater control is up and down, not left to right? Is this a custom feature on yours?

Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts