Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got round to fitting the Harey Bailey handling kit from classic alfa

Repainted & waxoyled most of the suspension arms & pans, New polly bushes, eibach springs & koni sports on the front, with koni classics on the rear (2 turns from softest setting each). & uprated the antirollbar with the 29mm version.

rides really nice now, not too harsh (no track use for this yet). Wouldnt have minded it another inch lower, but the exhaust & sump are now quite low (just enough to be practical).

I think I need to space the wheels out another 10-15mm.

For those who recall the thread where we thought mine might have been set up for rallying with the previous suspension, heres a before & after shot.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
she looks fantastic! DROOOOOOOLLLL!

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,548 Posts
Dang, that is pure Alfa Romeo!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Seems the kit has changed since I got mine in about '98 or so. Mine has 4 custom valved bilsteins, the 29mm bar, and their own springs. Eibach? Konis ? I'm confused.
Anyhow - in my case, I found the rears set my car about an inch lower than your car appears to be, and I had to shim the front springs by 12mm or so to get the lower a-arms back up to horizontal instead of pointing underground. The "pointing underground" setup didn't work for me, too low and it didn't do any favours for the roll center or the camber curve.
After the shimming I found it all works quite decently for my purposes.
/Neil

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had bilsteins on my s4 spider & hated them, as they were very crashy, so I elected for the different konis after lots of feedback from other forum members.

sorry the eibach springs bit was a mistake, they are their own selected ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts