Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
BRAVO Billy! goustaro...Finally, you did a great job.Is this the PM epoxy (under the color) you told me? It looks really strong and hard. Who did the dirty job under the car? You or the guy you told me?
Excellent!

·
Registered
352 Posts
alfas in Yurp

can your friend help me locate one of those????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank's for your kind comments.
Unfortunately I've done all the dirty job by myself.The guy worked only for a few hours,and then he told me that this job is for prisoners.He gave me the torch,he wished me good luck and walked away.
So,pinsx3 if you find someone,please send him to me too.
Vangelis,the paint company is R-M,and the epoxy primer EUROXY.
All the best
Bill.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:eek: Holy smokes :cool::cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Similar 1300Ti

Bill, About a year ago I purchased a similar car. AR630885 with paint code 505 or Fountain Blue (looks just like your blue). I have a few questions:
My car came to me with the 3 spoke steering wheel like I think you installed in yours. Were all 1300Ti's delivered new with the two spoke?

My car does not have the brake booster. Is this because it is an earlier example?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Brian

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Road test magazine july 1967 shows a 1300ti with the 3 spoke wheel, wheras at the introduction of the 1300ti Autocar magazine may '64 shows the 2 spoke. I think originally they came with two spoke and then changed to 3 spoke sometime during the run. If you have a factory parts book, it usually identifies the changes through the chassis number range.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Brian.
Rogerspeed's reply about the steering wheel is right.Anyway you can't be sure about the Alfa Romeos production line those years.
Brake booster became standard equipment at late 1967 models.Mine is an upgrade,done by the previous owner.
All the best.
Bill

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Bill,
She looks awesome!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hi fellow members.
Few weeks ago,I"ve bought from Turin Italy a period rubber mat set for my Giulia.Today,we had a wonderfull day and I decide to put them in.I would like to hear your opinion.How they look?In my eyes are very cool,
Wishes.
Bill.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Just wonderfull !!
I keep an eye open on e-bay.it for these, as the originals come up somethimes.
Found them for both of my sedans. They look right and protect the carpets!
Randy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations on a fantastic job on the 1300 ti

Congratulations on the beautiful and thorough job you had done on the underside of the 1300 ti. The fanatically cleaned, primed and painted underside of the 1300 ti elevates you, and your car, into the top 1% of Giulia owners. The great job you had done on the underside of the Giulia shows how much you appreciate the 1300 ti, and puts you in an elevated category of Alfisti who are not into superficialities, such as fitting fancy wheels and tires, and really appreciate Giulias that look like they came from the Alfa Romeo factory.
The period correct aftermarket rubber floor mats you got from Italy do protect the floor, but in my observation have probably contributed to more rusted floors on Fiat 600's to Lancia Flaminias by trapping moisture between the rubber and the metal floor pan than anything else. Rubber mats in Alfas should be taken out periodically for the floor to dry out. Wool carpets wear well and dry out quickly with the heater on even in the winter. I would not use coco mats either to protect carpets because the rough coco fibers wore out my nice gray carpets in my 1967 Giulia Super.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
just a note...

All of the less expensive Alfa sedans came with rubber floor coverings from the factory. Also the older Spider and duetto.
So adding another matt on to doesn't trap more moisture. It only protects your original matts.
I agree on the Coco matts. They are like sandpaper and will grind riight thru carpet, padding and paint.
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for your kind comments.I am really happy that you like it.Moisture is not a problem due to fact that I only use my classics in sunshine and I dont clean them spending tones of water.A semi-full basket of water and a clean cloth is more than enough.Anyway I have to clean only light dust.
Randy,i can pm you the italian supplier's e-mail if you want it.
All the best.
Bill

·
Registered
353 Posts
Magnificent car! Glad to see she has a very caring owner!

I like the time correct carpets as well, beautiful!

All the best with the car, and enjoy her for what she was made!

Congrats,

Robin

21 - 37 of 37 Posts